• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How could we not give Fitt another chance?!?

DMathematics

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

why risk that when you need to tie the new coach in with a GM that they can work with.   Worst case Fitt was a rhule cuck and didnt push back on some of the shitty trades/deal. 

Why risk throwing the baby out with the bathwater?

Is it now somehow impossible to say that Fitterer paired with the right coach could actually work?

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Have you forgotten Samir Suleiman exists?

And no I don't, because I'm pretty sure if you were fired from a position you were perfectly qualified for because the actions of a superior who wasn't qualified for their job but negatively affected yours, you'd be howling.

I'd dd you never answered how all this blame you think falls on Fitterer misses Dan Morgan.

So all the contracts go through Suleiman and all the trades/draft picks/FAs  go through Rhule making Fitt absolutely useless.  Do you see what kind of hurdles you are jumping through to try to say he has no responsibility for the mess we are in.  You have no clue what Fitt signed off on or backed up.  He sure as hell hyped up the Darnold trade when it happened and talked about how much he liked him in college and thinks he can make the next jump with us.  

https://sny.tv/articles/panthers-gm-scott-fritterer-talks-sam-darnold-trade-it-s-definitely-worth-the-gamble-

He took the job with Rhule already having roster control.  I mean that was part of the job when he signed on and now that is his excuse??  I'm not buying it.  His job was to build a contender with Rhule and he failed miserably.  He failed so bad we are currently picked 1st with a shitty cap situation.  

If Dan Morgan put his stamp on any of these terrible trades/contracts I would be looking elsewhere for a GM candidate.  People should be responsible for their actions.  My point with Morgan is it's silly to think he would turn down a job because they fired his friend for job performance.  

I get that you like the guy, but he was a part of this staff that has us in a mess and if he some how avoids all responsibility in your eyes then he has done nothing in his current role.  Just sat there and took his check while Rhule did everything.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

why risk that when you need to tie the new coach in with a GM that they can work with.   Worst case Fitt was a rhule cuck and didnt push back on some of the shitty trades/deal. 

It was why he was hired and what made him qualified to be a GM on a leash. Could he be more? Maybe but that is a big maybe because he has operated inside of the cuck GM role for years and doing a real GM job would be new, different and unknown. And his connections are not great from what has been presented.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I get that you like the guy, but he was a part of this staff that has us in a mess and if he some how avoids all responsibility in your eyes then he has done nothing in his current role.  Just sat there and took his check while Rhule did everything.

To me that is just as bad as actually making the moves. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Morgan has had one GM interview, and that was with the Steelers were interviewing everybody. Most guys who end up as GMs have multiple interviews before they finally get the job.

He got a job with the Seahawks when he was first starting out, with the Bills because of Beane and with the Panthers because of Fitterer. That's not to say he's bad, but I do think the Panther fanbase might be overrating him a little bit.

I've seen nothing to indicate Morgan is as hot a GM candidate as some think...well, except from Panther fans who want to blame Scott Fitterer for everything but somehow think Dan Morgan is absolved.

Irony is blaming Rhule for everything and saying Tepper had no control, but then saying Morgan has control with Fitt.  

• Beer 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

So all the contracts go through Suleiman and all the trades/draft picks/FAs  go through Rhule making Fitt absolutely useless.  Do you see what kind of hurdles you are jumping through to try to say he has no responsibility for the mess we are in.  You have no clue what Fitt signed off on or backed up.  He sure as hell hyped up the Darnold trade when it happened and talked about how much he liked him in college and thinks he can make the next jump with us.  

https://sny.tv/articles/panthers-gm-scott-fritterer-talks-sam-darnold-trade-it-s-definitely-worth-the-gamble-

He took the job with Rhule already having roster control.  I mean that was part of the job when he signed on and now that is his excuse??  I'm not buying it.  His job was to build a contender with Rhule and he failed miserably.  He failed so bad we are currently picked 1st with a shitty cap situation.  

If Dan Morgan put his stamp on any of these terrible trades/contracts I would be looking elsewhere for a GM candidate.  People should be responsible for their actions.  My point with Morgan is it's silly to think he would turn down a job because they fired his friend for job performance.  

Neither do you, but you're acting like you do.

Are we going to just fire the entire staff now for having anything to do with the Rhule Era and let Tepper build the team from scratch?

For that matter, why not gut the roster as well?

Just now, Waldo said:

It was why he was hired and what made him qualified to be a GM on a leash. Could he be more? Maybe but that is a big maybe because he has operated inside of the cuck GM role for years and doing a real GM job would be new, different and unknown. And his connections are not great from what has been presented.

If rhule was a big reason fitt was hired then he needs to be moved on from and start anew and line the front office up where everyone is on the same page.

I mean for fugs sake fitt has already traded a pick in the 2024 draft, his philosophy doesnt work.   First it was trading back in the first draft and skipping talent then it was trading future picks to move up.  Neither has worked

• Beer 2

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Are we going to just fire the entire staff now for having anything to do with the Rhule Era and let Tepper build the team from scratch?

I'm not acting like I do.  I am saying there is no way he has ZERO responsibility for our situation like you seem to think.  It's not an uncommon practice to hire a new GM then find a new coach with said GM.  

I would imagine part of the roster is going to be rebuilt with a new coach.  There are already CMC trade rumors with RA.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of vets traded away and a new foundation started with some of our young cheaper players.  

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ideally yes.  Why wouldn't we?  Oh right, because then we'd have to hire someone.  And the thought of hiring anyone is scarier than having Fitterer hire Dan Quinn.  But that's where we'll just never see eye to eye.  That's not going to be a winner, so its time to swing again.

And on your point on the roster, there is no reason to gut the roster to solve a management issue.  You gut the management team.

• Beer 1