• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How could we not give Fitt another chance?!?

DMathematics

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you really think Fitterer compares to Marty Hurney, you've gone waaaaayyy out there.

My point is keeping an old GM who was part of a terrible 3 year run to pick your new coach can have some negative consequences.  What has Fitt done to make him so untouchable in your eyes?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Ideally yes.  Why wouldn't we?  Oh right, because then we'd have to hire someone.  And the thought of hiring anyone is scarier than having Fitterer hire Dan Quinn.  But that's where we'll just never see eye to eye.  That's not going to be a winner, so its time to swing again.

And on your point on the roster, there is no reason to gut the roster to solve a management issue.  You gut the management team.

Thats another issue with Fitt, if and I repeat if the report is true that fitt is focused on Quinn as candidate #1 then thats another reason to say good bye to him.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Ideally yes.  Why wouldn't we?  Oh right, because then we'd have to hire someone.  And the thought of hiring anyone is scarier than having Fitterer hire Dan Quinn.  But that's where we'll just never see eye to eye.  That's not going to be a winner, so its time to swing again.

And on your point on the roster, there is no reason to gut the roster to solve a management issue.  You gut the management team.

The thought of hiring someone in general doesn't scare me.

The thought of David Tepper hiring someone does.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you really think Fitterer compares to Marty Hurney, you've gone waaaaayyy out there.

Yep. Hurney actually had experience and a track record that could be judged. And they both sacrificed tons of future cap space to build a bottom level team. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

My point is keeping an old GM who was part of a terrible 3 year run to pick your new coach can have some negative consequences.  What has Fitt done to make him so untouchable in your eyes?

His part of the job, which is drafting and improving the roster.

Is he to blame for the coaching on the field?

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

this is such a huge part of the problem. good teams will scrap everything from a garbage regime and start fresh. panther, throughout their history, have been like "ohhh yeah THIS guy is bad, but hey lets keep this other guy" and we drag over garbage from the previous regime, and it just spills over. you've all seen the results

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Thats another issue with Fitt, if and I repeat if the report is true that fitt is focused on Quinn as candidate #1 then thats another reason to say good bye to him.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me roll my eyes.

There isn't any "report that Fitterer is focused on Quinn as candidate #1".

There is speculation that Dan Quinn could be a candidate for the job because he has connections to both Fitterer and Morgan and it's believed that Tepper wants an experienced coach.

Yet we have people talking as if they've already been on the phone with Quinn discussing contract terms 🙄

Edited by Mr. Scot

22 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

A “spot” he was conscious of and accepted when he took his current position.

When you accept the known circumstances of the position and accept the big Tepper money that pays you in that position, you’re not allowed to avoid responsibility for the state of the franchise.

Honestly, I don’t get the Fit defenders logic. It’s like y’all think Tepper stole Fitt from an orphanage and forced him in the GM position without his approval.

It's the same logic people applied when Gettleman was here. Every good move was his but every bad move was Richardson pulling the strings. For whatever reason all rationality is thrown out the door when these discussions occur.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

This is the kind of stuff that makes me roll my eyes.

There isn't any "report that Fitterer is focused on Quinn as candidate #1".

There is speculation that Dan Quinn could be a candidate for the job because he has connections to both Fitterer and Morgan and it's believed that Tepper wants an experienced coach.

Yet we have people talking as if they've already been on the phone with Quinn discussing contract terms 🙄

Report vs speculation I dont see the difference

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

oh wow, way to be totally vague and non-committal

I'll say this because I'm not afraid to dance around an issue

yeah, they are both bad GMs, Hurney is obviously is worse, but Fitt is not far behind. All you "let's see how hurney does without Fox" and now "lets see how Fitt does without Rhule" half measure white noise posters that can't make a decision, let me know in a couple years 

Spoiler alert, fitt is trash and every year we keep him is a wasted one

Edited by R0CKnR0LLA
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

His part of the job, which is drafting and improving the roster.

Is he to blame for the coaching on the field?

So his first round picks look solid (like Hurney), but outside of that he hasn't killed it with the draft.  How else would he "improve the roster?"  That sounds like he can sign FAs like Erving and Elf that were signed early to stupid contracts.  Is trading for Sam considered improving the roster?  

Do you really think he have a good roster now?  

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Wow 😳

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/10/11/carolina-panthers-next-head-coach/

I mean really whats the difference:
"Multiple general managers suggested to me that, should Wilks not win the job, Carolina General Manager Scott Fitterer would strongly endorse Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn. Fitterer and Quinn worked together at the height of the Seahawks’ reign and share a strong relationship, and Quinn, the former head coach in Atlanta, has helped create a dominant unit in Dallas. However, those same GMs believe Quinn will have better options than Carolina."

• Pie 1
  • The D 1