• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Showcase: The Non-Stroud/Young/Levis Crowd

saX man

On 10/12/2022 at 6:29 PM, TheCasillas said:

Just watched the highlights of Ward in this game. I am not going to lie, I am not jumping on the Cam Ward hype train. The kid is out of control and the OC for the Washington st has built an offense around him that takes the thinking out of the position. 

That being said, he is looks like he is a lot of fun to watch.... i just cant see that translating to the pros.

note: the stats are misleading, 2 of his TDs were from hands that were in front of him. Majority of the play designs were screen plays. Actually, a very fun offense to watch

I am going to keep my eye on that Ferrel kid... he might be a late round find

First time Ive seen Ward and immediately say no. His throwing motion may be a risk in the NFL. Low, side arm throws. Seem s like he almost throws from the hip. Great athleticism but throwing  motion might work in college but not in the NFL.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

First time Ive seen Ward and immediately say no. His throwing motion may be a risk in the NFL. Low, side arm throws. Seem s like he almost throws from the hip. Great athleticism but throwing  motion might work in college but not in the NFL.

Baker has kinda been throwing like that and it's not working out very well for us

3 minutes ago, saX man said:

I have to sober up a bit on Ward after the ugly showing. Not the best. Stock down a notch.

Penix was absolutely on firree

Young was tremendous

Hooker (and the Vol receivers) looked quite good

Levis didn’t really change his stock.

In closing, the Panthers will have options in the first round this year.  Totally different then last draft

The more I look at the names brought up in this class, the more I feel this is an overrated class. 

Who is elite? Seems the two most physically gifted/good size are Levis and Hooker? One looks super raw and the other is old. 

Top two guys are surrounded by tons of talent, and one is Russell Wilson minus 40 pounds. 

The two guys from the state of Washington…one I need to see more NFL throws (Ward and his screens) and the other has a Rivers release with a Bridgewater frame. 

I’m just not seeing it. I’m open to changing my mind though.