• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I was on the tank bandwagon, but after looking more further, I say we just roll with Corral and draft BPA.

panthersgreenville

4 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Let's see, Justin Herbert, Kyle Trask, Carson Strong, Matt Corral, Will Levis.  Keep in mind my "picks" are guys that I believe should have been picked higher. Also keep in mind I'm not picking the front runner, I pick for value.

We'd be so much better right now with ANY of those guys. 

I’m pretty sure Strong is available… 

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Corral looked completely out of his element in the preseason…I have serious reservations about him being anything in this league

It shouldn't be a Shocker since the all the media had to talk about was his mental reps at the end of the bench.

You guys need to chill with that and come to the obvious conclusion that they drafted Corral for 2023.

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m pretty sure Strong is available… 

That would actually be a great move by the Panthers to pick him up and put him in the QB room with Matt Corral. That would be a heck of a backup starter situation. The two most accurate QBs from that draft class.

Screenshot_20220522-114442~2.png

On 10/14/2022 at 8:43 AM, rippadonn said:I went back and watched the tape on Fitterer and Rhule talking about drafting Corral.

If you listen back you'll hear that they never intended for him to start this season.

They called him a "developmental" pick. That's what they're doing. He strengthening, he's bulking up and he'll have the same skills that made him a top recruit his whole career.

Cease and settle.

I think QBs need time to develop, yes some QBs are great right away but some need years to develop. They also need the right system, coaches and players to succeed. Also changing coaches and systems every year isn’t good for young QBs. 

look how long it took for Alex Smith to become a top QB. He was horrible. Geno Smith has played well despite not being great for the first few seasons. Steve Young was a horrible player on a horrible team and it wasn’t until he went to the 49ers that he became an all pro super bowl winning QB. 

You have to have patient with the QB position.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I think QBs need time to develop, yes some QBs are great right away but some need years to develop. They also need the right system, coaches and players to succeed. Also changing coaches and systems every year isn’t good for young QBs. 

look how long it took for Alex Smith to become a top QB. He was horrible. Geno Smith has played well despite not being great for the first few seasons. Steve Young was a horrible player on a horrible team and it wasn’t until he went to the 49ers that he became an all pro super bowl winning QB. 

You have to have patient with the QB position.

Like I've said, Matt Corral the player may be agonizing right now but this time to strengthen and acclimate after some tough circumstances may be best for Corral the man.

Unlike many here, I think the Panthers fully intend to play Golden Corral. I think he'll be stronger, and even more focused. I think Wilks will win some games purely because people won't know what's coming and will have to adjust.

So other than Levis my QB bandwagon this season, I can't see anybody but one of these stud DEs worth that potentially high pick that may not necessarily be #1.

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Like I've said, Matt Corral the player may be agonizing right now but this time to strengthen and acclimate after some tough circumstances may be best for Corral the man.

Unlike many here, I think the Panthers fully intend to play Golden Corral. I think he'll be stronger, and even more focused. I think Wilks will win some games purely because people won't know what's coming and will have to adjust.

So other than Levis my QB bandwagon this season, I can't see anybody but one of these stud DEs worth that potentially high pick that may not necessarily be #1.

Imagine having Burns and Anderson. Our defense lacks a solid 2 pass rusher. If Anderson is as good as he supposed to be then burns would be our #2 pass rusher. Our defense would be a top defense with those two going after the QB.

• Beer 1