• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jones: Tepper now looking for "a young offensive mind"

Mr. Scot

32 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I've seen a lot of nfl coaches come and go over the years. The coaches that had success are either retired or should be. The next generation of coaches to replace the old ones has yet to produce one.

Billy B. falls into the should be retired group. Tomlin will be the only great coach remaining from old guard.

I want one of those in next year's model.

Gene Wilder Nonsense GIF by MOODMAN

I agree with all of that. I just too damn picky. I have seen enough NFL garbage in my lifetime. I want to win ans belive we can keep doing it for a few years.

32 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I'd prefer if the Panthers went with an offensive mind for this HC hire. I think it's long past time we try someone from that side of the ball to lead the team. And that's with me really liking candidates like DeMeco Ryans and Raheem Morris. It seems we're finally going to take our medicine and draft a rookie QB and it'd be best to keep that QB paired with a play caller for the duration of his career, if he's as good as being picked in the top 3 would merit. If we hired a DeMeco Ryans and he brings along an OC that makes a Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, or Will Levis look great year 1, you run the risk of that guy being scooped up as a HC himself. I really like what Steichen has done with Herbert and Hurts in limited time, and I also like what Waldron is doing this season with Geno, and Ben Johnson with the Lions offense. Like I said, yes, these could all be one season wonders, but that's just the nature of the business. You interview folks and make an educated choice, but at the end of the day any HC hire is swinging for the fences - more often than not, you're going to strike out.

It sure seems that way. Then again some of the interview process sounds incredibly flawed lol.

On 10/17/2022 at 10:07 AM, jackson113 said:

If you hire a defensive coach with a bright OC. The OC gets snatched. Sign a offensive coach to prevent this...

Exactly this. Best way to keep a good OC is make him HC. That’s how things are done now with all the rules favoring offense.

On 10/17/2022 at 10:22 AM, Jay Roosevelt said:

Well it didn't seem to matter much with the Chargers and certainly hasn't with the Eagles so far. Both offenses we're among the most productive in the league.

And I still don't think Jalen Hurts is a true top-tier QB in terms of talent. I think it's similar to Jared Goff under Sean McVey; decent QB coached up to look much better.

You pair an offensive mind like Steichen with a true top QB prospect like Stroud, Young, or even Levis and we could really see something special.

Such a bad take. Hurts is pure talent and intelligence. 

• Pie 2