• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quick question...

WOW!!

7 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Mccaffrey cannot be used like Samuel. When has Mccaffrey ever beat a number 1 or even number 2 corner on a deep out? Or any type of deep route.

Most of Mccaffrey receiving production has been done against linebackers when we are trailing by double digits.

McCaffrey doesn’t have to do that because that’s not how Deebo is used lol… catching a couple deep balls on the outside does not make you a deep threat… and just because we haven’t seen McCaffrey lined up on the outside doesn’t mean he’s not capable of it. I haven’t won the lottery… that doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

You are acting like Samuel is a deep threat, he is not…

From 2020:

From 2021:

Deebo’s ADOT is 5.1 yards and he had 3 deep targets all year for an average of 0.5 deep targets per game…

5 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

McCaffrey doesn’t have to do that because that’s not how Deebo is used lol… catching a couple deep balls on the outside does not make you a deep threat… and just because we haven’t seen McCaffrey lined up on the outside doesn’t mean he’s not capable of it. I haven’t won the lottery… that doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

You are acting like Samuel is a deep threat, he is not…

From 2020:

From 2021:

Deebo’s ADOT is 5.1 yards and he had 3 deep targets all year for an average of 0.5 deep targets per game…

If Mccaffrey could line up outside he would and got paid accordingly, we also would have received more than some second day picks. Team have shutdown Mccaffrey receiving in the past by putting a nickel corner on him, he’s not beating any legit number 1 corner.

Those stats are from 2020 and are mostly a result of having captain check down at QB

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

If Mccaffrey could line up outside he would and got paid accordingly, we also would have received more than some second day picks. Team have shutdown Mccaffrey receiving in the past by putting a nickel corner on him, he’s not beating any legit number 1 corner.

Those stats are from 2020 and are mostly a result of having captain check down at QB

Got paid accordingly? He already got paid… by the Panthers… exclusively as a running back… which probably won’t be how San Francisco uses him.

And where are the videos of him getting shutdown by a nickel… a number one corner would lock him down… a nickel… unlikely.

I literally gave you the stats from 2021 as well… reread it.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

lol the 49ers didn’t give all that up for a RB

they have a competent staff and CMC will be used more like a wr than a hb

he can also block and he will cause mismatches and gaps

I’m not mad about the trade and it was a good deal, but it was a good deal because the Panthers are incompetent and we’re wasting cmc not because cmc is just a HB

feel free to pay attention what he’ll be doing in San Fran it will once again make this franchise look stupid just like the Bills have done the last half decade

and he will likely stay healthy too since they won’t use him like the second coming of Jerome Bettis 

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Got paid accordingly? He already got paid… by the Panthers… exclusively as a running back… which probably won’t be how San Francisco uses him.

And where are the videos of him getting shutdown by a nickel… a number one corner would lock him down… a nickel… unlikely.

I literally gave you the stats from 2021 as well… reread it.

So he got paid less than what you claim him to be. And yes a nickel would shut him down. Receivers spend their entire careers practicing and training at be just being receivers, Mccaffrey can’t just go out there and switch positions cause you say so. Even Deebo knows he can’t play full time RB.

Again there’s plenty of film of Debo beating db deep, there also a reason the niners were ready to move off Jimmy.

17 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

So he got paid less than what you claim him to be. And yes a nickel would shut him down. Receivers spend their entire careers practicing and training at be just being receivers, Mccaffrey can’t just go out there and switch positions cause you say so. Even Deebo knows he can’t play full time RB.

Again there’s plenty of film of Debo beating db deep, there also a reason the niners were ready to move off Jimmy.

I don’t know how dence you have to be to not understand that the 49ers don’t have to use McCaffrey the same way that the Panthers used him… what McCaffrey got paid is irrelevant because it wasn’t by his new team…

You keep saying a nickel corner would shut McCaffrey down… show me the proof… that’s all I’m asking… shouldn’t be difficult for you if it does truly happen.

Not once did I insinuate that McCaffrey could be a full-time receiver. However, he could certainly line up in the slot as well as the outside (for screen passes), he could also be used on jet sweeps. You factor that in with his ability to run inside and outside of the tackles and it’s clear to see that there’s a ton of value in having a player like him.

Additionally, the stats say that Deebo has three deep targets all year and historically he does his damage 5 yards beyond the LOS with most of his damage coming on YAC. These are factual stats, unlike just stating an opinion (i.e. McCaffrey would be shut down by a nickel).

At this point, all we can do is wait and see how McCaffrey is used by the Niners to gauge who is right and who is wrong.

Personally, I hope I’m wrong as if I am, we’ll likely get better draft picks.

24 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I don’t know how dence you have to be to not understand that the 49ers don’t have to use McCaffrey the same way that the Panthers used him… what McCaffrey got paid is irrelevant because it wasn’t by his new team…

You keep saying a nickel corner would shut McCaffrey down… show me the proof… that’s all I’m asking… shouldn’t be difficult for you if it does truly happen.

Not once did I insinuate that McCaffrey could be a full-time receiver. However, he could certainly line up in the slot as well as the outside (for screen passes), he could also be used on jet sweeps. You factor that in with his ability to run inside and outside of the tackles and it’s clear to see that there’s a ton of value in having a player like him.

Additionally, the stats say that Deebo has three deep targets all year and historically he does his damage 5 yards beyond the LOS with most of his damage coming on YAC. These are factual stats, unlike just stating an opinion (i.e. McCaffrey would be shut down by a nickel).

At this point, all we can do is wait and see how McCaffrey is used by the Niners to gauge who is right and who is wrong.

Personally, I hope I’m wrong as if I am, we’ll likely get better draft picks.

I don’t why it’s do hard for you to understand, Deebo isn’t targets deep cause his QB is incapable of it. Turn on any 49ers game and you are bound to see this

Your the one that said he can be used like Deebo now show me proof of him beating corners on the outside like Deebo, cause he has line outside before, he’s also lined up in the slot countless of times. Yet you will be hard pressed to find any tape of him beating corners. Go rewatch the giants game they used a safety to shadow him McKinney, he barely did anything outside the line of scrimmage 

22 hours ago, Mike in Raleigh said:

Yep. We traded 75% of our offense. I can't get excited about that. Particularly when there is a substantial chance that we will piss away the draft picks we got in the deal on nothing.

75% of offense that scored 3 points 

21 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

I don’t why it’s do hard for you to understand, Deebo isn’t targets deep cause his QB is incapable of it. Turn on any 49ers game and you are bound to see this

Your the one that said he can be used like Deebo now show me proof of him beating corners on the outside like Deebo, cause he has line outside before, he’s also lined up in the slot countless of times. Yet you will be hard pressed to find any tape of him beating corners. Go rewatch the giants game they used a safety to shadow him McKinney, he barely did anything outside the line of scrimmage 

Lol, you gave me a video of Deebo running a route where the coverage was blown, there’s absolutely nothing there and it’s also not what I asked for. The stats are what they are… Deebo’s average depth of target is 5 yards… end of discussion.

I asked for a video of McCaffrey getting shutdown by a nickel corner, it’s clear you can’t provide it so I guess we are done here. And if you are going to use the QB excuse, then I can use the same one as for why McCaffrey hasn’t been involved in the passing game here… it’s not for his lack of being open.

I mean let’s not forget that McCafrrey actually worked out as a wide receiver at his pro day. He clearly has the skills to spend some time at the position (not full-time).

Like I said, we’ll have to wait until we see how the 49ers use him because the only thing you have done thus far is pigeon hole McCaffrey into a position based off how the worst coaching staff in the NFL used him.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Lol, you gave me a video of Deebo running a route where the coverage was blown, there’s absolutely nothing there and it’s also not what I asked for. The stats are what they are… Deebo’s average depth of target is 5 yards… end of discussion.

I asked for a video of McCaffrey getting shutdown by a nickel corner, it’s clear you can’t provide it so I guess we are done here. And if you are going to use the QB excuse, then I can use the same one as for why McCaffrey hasn’t been involved in the passing game here… it’s not for his lack of being open.

I mean let’s not forget that McCafrrey actually worked out as a wide receiver at his pro day. He clearly has the skills to spend some time at the position (not full-time).

Like I said, we’ll have to wait until we see how the 49ers use him because the only thing you have done thus far is pigeon hole McCaffrey into a position based off how the worst coaching staff in the NFL used him.

I showed a video of the reason he’s rarely targeted downfield. Jimmy is near the bottom in deep passes, you want Deebo to pass it to himself.

Go watch the giants game, now you show me proof of him beating corners. 

Mccaffrey chose to be a RB and has gotten more targets than any RB over the last 5 years on a per game basis. If you think him and Deebo are comparable your in for a rude awakening 

5 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

I showed a video of the reason he’s rarely targeted downfield. Jimmy is near the bottom in deep passes, you want Deebo to pass it to himself.

Go watch the giants game, now you show me proof of him beating corners. 

Mccaffrey chose to be a RB and has gotten more targets than any RB over the last 5 years on a per game basis. If you think him and Deebo are comparable your in for a rude awakening 

Bruh… please learn to read…

How McCaffrey was used as a Panther is irrelevant, he won’t be used the same as a Niner… do you want him to coach himself?

Additionally, Jimmy is 16th in attempts that are 30+ yards down the field and that’s while playing less games… hardly near the bottom… everything you’ve said is made up… what isn’t made up is Deebo’s ADOT… 5 yards lol.

On 10/21/2022 at 9:25 AM, stbugs said:

I feel ya. I’m good with the picks we got because we suck and we need to rebuild. That said, it feels hollow because it basically feels like we basically just recovered our picks for Sam and Corral. It doesn’t feel like we fleeced anyone because we don’t have two firsts like many of the rebuild teams seem to have and because all our traded away picks were early round picks and what we got back could be really late round picks so the 2nd we got might be a handful of picks before the 3rd we have to NE.

If we don’t nail this draft, we are back at square one. 

That's going to be true because the value of any non top 10ish pick is heavily dependent on the relative skill of the people doing the picking. The very top players in each draft are sometimes no brainer obvious prospects, beyond that, it's all about can your braintrust make better decisions picking than the other 32 teams?

We've been at square one for four or five years now. Improvement by the FO is the only thing that will change that. 

• Pie 1