• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ethan Bear Situation To Be Resolved Soon

MillionDollarCam

11 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Per Elliotte Friedman,

The Ethan Bear saga will be resolved soon via a trade or by placing Bear on waivers, according to reports, Carolina will not retain salary on any trade involving Bear.

Wish him nothing but the best. He's a genuinely good guy and a humble, appreciative person.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I can't understand how the Canes cannot get SOMETHING for him.

I don't just let him walk for nothing.  If you've started down this road you stay the course......

One big issue is a lot of teams are close to the cap so there’s only a handful of teams that can realistically fit him in and a lot of those teams will want to save that space for the trade deadline.

The Canes probably don’t want to take any salary back.

If I had to guess… traded to Ottawa for a fourth or a fifth…. I think the Canes want a third.

6 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

Yes, but we agree we should get something.

Those teams out there saying we only have a little cap space will claim Bear on waivers.  We aren't hurting right now not having that roster spot open.  Keep him until we get something.....

I think it’s more of Bear thing, I think he wants to play or be traded.

• Pie 1

To be fair, DeHaan and Chatfield are getting the ice time and making 30% of Bear's $2.2M salary. And when Coghlan comes back, that'll be 3 blue-liners making a fraction of Bear's salary and getting all the ice time.

So I can't say I blame him, but I do have to question what Waddell was thinking when all of this went down and they gave him that contract.

On the other hand, waiting for another team to lose a 2nd or 3rd line D-man and they come calling for Bear is wishful thinking.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 1

I’m starting to think that Kase might not come back, it’s been dead silent on his status and if he did indeed suffer a concussion, it would be his 7th confirmed concussion. At some point, a team is going to step in and protect him from himself.

I can see the Canes putting him on LTIR.

As for Hoglander… I could get down with the following lineup when healthy:

Pacioretty - Aho - Jarvis

Svechnikov - Kotkaniemi - Necas

Teravainen - Staal - Fast

Hoglander - Stastny - Noesen

Stepan, Martinook

11 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I’m starting to think that Kase might not come back, it’s been dead silent on his status and if he did indeed suffer a concussion, it would be his 7th confirmed concussion. At some point, a team is going to step in and protect him from himself.

Stepan, Martinook

I’d rather get a pick and put the rook(drury) up, if we aren’t going to play Stepan or Martinook. 

13 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Stepan, Martinook

Kase stayed behind in Raleigh and the team didn't fly home until yesterday, so I wouldn't think there would be an update before the team got back.

Nonetheless, it's always good when a player tossed into a trade deal as an afterthought turns into real contributor, and I thought Kase might be that guy.

26 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Kase stayed behind in Raleigh and the team didn't fly home until yesterday, so I wouldn't think there would be an update before the team got back.

Nonetheless, it's always good when a player tossed into a trade deal as an afterthought turns into real contributor, and I thought Kase might be that guy.

He’s been good when he’s been healthy but it seems like every hit rattles his brain.