• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FMIA: Tanking shouldn’t be a dirty word

NAS

Just now, Growl said:

Im “using” his past because im evaluating him as a player and thus his body of work, im doing this because my goal isn’t to weaponize one angle of a bad argument to try and prop up an argument I’ve dug my feels too deep in on to admit im wrong, but to consider Peyton Manning as a whole relative to his draft position, because im less concerned with good feelies and culture wins and more concerned with pulling for a team that isn’t a total embarrassment 

Well before you gut a team you have to get rid of the cancer that was killing it.  We did that 2 weeks ago when Tepper finally fired Rhule.  

Wilks has this team fighting for their season.  Look if Baltimore can win with Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco, Tampa can win with Brad Johnson.  The one thing they have in common is a great defense.  Our defense is pretty damn good and I want to see them try. 

5 minutes ago, Growl said:

lol somebody is triggered now

eat the ole hurtz donut my man before you embarrass yourself anymore.

as I said, literally all you had to do was say “I just can’t emotionally process the big picture” and I would’ve gotten it, nobody here likes losing. 

but it is insulting to the people here to act as if there is some sort of intellectual backing to picking a franchise QB later in the draft versus the top and as long as you continue to disrespect peoples intelligence you’re going to get called out for it

Not getting emotional. I just love it when you tankers lose the argument you change the perimeters. 

10 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The argument has been winning the ultimate prize the Super Bowl.  You guys that want to tank so bad are facing the reality that Tanking does not guarantee a Super Bowl nor does it guarantee a Franchise QB. 

Classic whatabouttery.  

We want to win consistently and have a chance to win a SB every year.  There is no magic bullet to win the SB, but without a franchise QB in today’s NFL you almost have no chance.  And it is statistically more likely you find one at top of the draft like Peyton Manning than 6th round like Brady

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Growl said:

lol somebody is triggered now

eat the ole hurtz donut my man before you embarrass yourself anymore.

as I said, literally all you had to do was say “I just can’t emotionally process the big picture” and I would’ve gotten it, nobody here likes losing. 

but it is insulting to the people here to act as if there is some sort of intellectual backing to picking a franchise QB later in the draft versus the top and as long as you continue to disrespect peoples intelligence you’re going to get called out for it

Guarantee that we'll draft a franchise QB and I'll be onboard with the Tanking.   You can't, simply can't.  If your GM is worth his salt he'll find one. 

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Well before you gut a team you have to get rid of the cancer that was killing it.  We did that 2 weeks ago when Tepper finally fired Rhule.  

Wilks has this team fighting for their season.  Look if Baltimore can win with Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco, Tampa can win with Brad Johnson.  The one thing they have in common is a great defense.  Our defense is pretty damn good and I want to see them try. 

great, I can appreciate this. The problem is that nobody here is meaningfully convinced  that the panthers are a meaningful threat to win a super bowl or that the ‘02 buccaneers are a meaningful example in the current nfl. We do believe the panthers could compete with a high end QB. That’s what people want. To win. They acknowledge begrudgingly that they almost certainly won’t now and without one.

1 minute ago, NAS said:

Classic whatabouttery.  

We want to win consistently and have a chance to win a SB every year.  There is no magic bullet to win the SB, bit without a franchise QB you have no chance.  And it is statistically more likely you find one at top of the draft like Peyton Manning than 6th round like Brady

You can also find Mahomes and Allen in the middle or maybe a Lamar Jackson at 32.   Tanking does nothing but instill a losing mentality.  It also prevents good Free Agents from wanting to come to a loser. 

• Pie 1

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

You can also find Mahomes and Allen in the middle or maybe a Lamar Jackson at 32.   Tanking does nothing but instill a losing mentality.  It also prevents good Free Agents from wanting to come to a loser. 

It’s possible but far more unlikely. Wouldn’t you rather be in position to draft who you think is the best prospect than to hope someone falls to you

• Beer 1