• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers offense yesterday was what it should have been all year.

electro's horse

Baker's play has been absolute ass.

Allowing PJ to actually throw beyond the LOS, showed what the O could have been.

Even in Baker's best year, he started cold for half the season.

In McAdoo's best year as OC the giants O sucked at the beginning of the season. 

Baker may very well be done as a Panther since we're collecting picks and his 4th becomes a 5th if he doesn't play 70% of the snaps.

PJ will play until he starts piling up ints again, at the point we may be seeing the return of Darnold.

3 hours ago, Icdeadpeople said:

I'm saying he's not the reason you win either...how many 4n shorts cost us the game...I remember a bucs game Cam was getting hammered because CMC couldn't run up the middle 

Well what about everything else that CMC is elite at? Those things don’t contribute to winning? Positive yardage doesn’t contribute to winning? Nearly always making the first defender whiff doesn’t contribute to winning? Having elite WR hands doesn’t contribute to winning?

You’re running up the middle example. When was this? Early in his career? He is fine running up the middle now, even if it’s not his ideal usage. Would you likewise penalize Nick Chubb if his coach decided he should split out wide and wasn’t productive doing so?

I always find it odd when individual players are held accountable for the whole team winning or losing. We haven’t had a respectable QB/HC since Cam. That’s CMC’s fault?

It’s not so simple as “look at our record with CMC. He isn’t a winner.” It’s just more complicated than that, especially in the ultimate of team sports.

PJ to me looks like he's made for the backup role (not derogatory, he's actually been good when actually given opportunities). I don't think he'll play this well consistently but I'd keep him around as an affordable QB2 going forward bc he simply has performed well in that role as a spot starter. Very very weird that people have ignored that bc he doesn't play well in preseason. 

Vividly remember him being the QB for DJs best game as a pro against the Lions a while back.

I'm also still a Terrace Marshall/Tommy Tremble truther. TEs usually take a while to develop, and Tommy is a great athlete for the position (which is what you need for the NFL) so I'm gonna be patient for him and enjoy his flashes. Terrace hasn't gotten opportunities to perform and the best part of the Robbie trade, even better than the cap relief, was the playing time for TMJ. Dude was a second round pick at a valuable position from a school that has legitimately produced the best WR in the NFL the past few years. Talent wins out in the NFL and I'm going to be patient with both of those guys bc the upside is there and a legitimate QB would go a long way towards getting the best out of your skill guys. I'm bullish on the first four picks of that draft (Jaycee, BC, Marshall, Tremble) as being apart of the long term plan here. 

Edited by ImaginaryKev
  • Beer 1