• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Games

Shocker

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Josh Allen is a totally different player.  No real comparison at all to me.

Josh Allen was a big armed athlete in college. He was wildly inaccurate. They're the same guy to my eyes and I watched quite a few of Allen's games at Wyoming living in CO at the time. They were always on TV for me.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Josh Allen was a big armed athlete in college. He was wildly inaccurate. They're the same guy toy eyes and I watched quite a few of Allen's games at Wyoming living in CO at the time. They were always on TV for me.

That’s fine and maybe Richardson can develop but he is extremely inaccurate like for whole games.  The athleticism is awesome but he has a long way to go passing.  He needs to stay another year

Edited by Shocker

10 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Clemson is probably more on the tier with Penn State, FSU, Auburn. And yes Clemson has had a nice run the past decade. They weren’t anything special pre Dabo and their success in the 80s was due to massive amounts of cheating 

I mean, it depends how you choose to look at it….I mean you want to go back 40 years to talk about present day college football?  That’s not how I am doing it.    No recruit gives a fug about the 80s.  

Clemson is and has been a top tier program in the college football playoff era.  Only behind Bama.   

I break it down by eras.  NIL era is the next one coming up IMO.  

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

That’s fine and maybe Richardson can develop but he is extremely inaccurate like for whole games.  The athleticism is awesome but he has a long way to go passing.  He needs to stay another year

I don't disagree. I'm just saying Josh Allen looked the exact same and look at him now. 

I've said repeatedly that I've never seen any QB develop as much as a pure passer as Josh Allen has in the NFL. I can't even think of a remotely close second.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I still think Richardson is the most talented of the draft eligible QBs. I just don't know that I'm willing to bet on him making a Josh Allen type leap. That seems like asking lightning to strike twice. But honestly they look virtually identical to me as college QBs.

I haven't caught any of Bryce Young but yeah rough day for the draft QB's. At this point if we're 3 I'd take Will Anderson and then maybe keep an eye on Anthony Richardson for pick 2 if he's there. Either way I think we'll have to stick with 3 qb's through last cuts at the least. None of these guys are showing we should just dump Corral off especially when he's technically costing us a 3rd this year. Not sure if he's worth trading away either, he's had a good attitude to the whole fuged situation he was put in so that's worth something

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't disagree. I'm just saying Josh Allen looked the exact same and look at him now. 

I've said repeatedly that I've never seen any QB develop as much as a pure passer as Josh Allen has in the NFL. I can't even think of a remotely close second.

He is an anomaly…that doesn’t happen much.  I think he probably has the biggest arm I have ever seen.  Amazing

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I haven't caught any of Bryce Young but yeah rough day for the draft QB's. At this point if we're 3 I'd take Will Anderson and then maybe keep an eye on Anthony Richardson for pick 2 if he's there. Either way I think we'll have to stick with 3 qb's through last cuts at the least. None of these guys are showing we should just dump Corral off especially when he's technically costing us a 3rd this year. Not sure if he's worth trading away either, he's had a good attitude to the whole fuged situation he was put in so that's worth something

I'm not opposed to trading out of that spot and amassing stupid draft capital unless you're certain Anderson is a sure fire HOFer.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, it depends how you choose to look at it….I mean you want to go back 40 years to talk about present day college football?  That’s not how I am doing it.    No recruit gives a fug about the 80s.  

Clemson is and has been a top tier program in the college football playoff era.  Only behind Bama.   

I break it down by eras.  NIL era is the next one coming up IMO.  

I know Nebraska is considered a blue blood and they have been irrelevant for three decades. 

3 minutes ago, davos said:

Gotta be honest, really not feeling Anderson. This LT is working him most of the time. Big lack of power.

I honestly feel the same. I think he's a really good prospect. I don't think he's the type of prospect you pass on QBs or a massive haul of picks to draft though.

I think I'm leaning hard toward the trade down direction of the opportunity presents itself.

• Pie 1