• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's be honest. DJ doesn't deserve this.

Snake

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean 89 disappeared for an entire season in 2010.  

DJ Moore isn't Megatron or Randy Moss.  He isn't a nightmare in human form. 

There aren't 32 better WRs in the NFL.   Dude is a legit stud.   But yeah, he isn't DeVante Adams.  That's not the bar for a #1.  That's the ceiling.   And there are probably only about 5 or so of those in the league at any point in time. 

I get the vibe he just doesn't like DJ. It's fine but he has fawned over far lesser receivers over the years like David Gettis lol. So if Moore hasn't at least proven himself to be a stud after putting up multiple 1k seasons with the likes of Kyle Allen Teddy Bridgewater Sam Darnold Baker Mayfield and PJ Walker he isn't ever going to be sold. No use trying to talk him down. Maybe he'll be happier when we end up back in the days of recycling WR's hoping even one of them shows some promise.

Edited by frankw
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, frankw said:

I get the vibe he just doesn't like DJ. It's fine but he has fawned over far lesser receivers over the years like David Gettis lol. So if Moore hasn't at least proven himself to be a stud after putting up multiple 1k seasons with the likes of Kyle Allen Teddy Bridgewater Sam Darnold Baker Mayfield and PJ Walker he isn't ever going to be sold. No use trying to talk him down. Maybe he'll be happier when we end up back in the days of recycling WR's hoping even one of them shows some promise.

I didn't fawn over David Gettis. That's a lie. Secondly, stop giving excuses for the QB, a WR catches tbe ball when thrown to them. Smitty played with Jake Delhomme for the bulk of his career. It's not like Delhomme was Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady or even Matt Hasselbeck. first of all. Third, I like Moore for what he is, a high end WR2. I am sold on that. Moore is going to have to catch the ball way more consistently, run clean routes and be able to break the press down on his own way more consistently, and score not only more TDs, but more TDs in clutch time before I'm sold on the opinion that he's a WR1.  People comparing him to 89 are simply out of their minds. At this point, Moore will likely be our third best receiver in franchise history. The Panthers haven't had a consistent, legitimate, and complete playmaker at the WR position since 89. Sorry if that hurts your sensibilities. 

And, for the record, I want to draft all the big time wide receivers. I was nicknamed the Wide Receiver Extremist for a reason. You think it would have hurt my feelings to draft Chase, Keenan Allen, Amari Cooper or A.J. Brown? Not. I want them all every year. That's my bar. If you don't like it, well, too bad.

5 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean 89 disappeared for an entire season in 2010.  

DJ Moore isn't Megatron or Randy Moss.  He isn't a nightmare in human form. 

There aren't 32 better WRs in the NFL.   Dude is a legit stud.   But yeah, he isn't DeVante Adams.  That's not the bar for a #1.  That's the ceiling.   And there are probably only about 5 or so of those in the league at any point in time. 

Smith was injured in 2010; hence, the down year.

11 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I didn't fawn over David Gettis. That's a lie. Secondly, stop giving excuses for the QB, a WR catches tbe ball when thrown to them. Smitty played with Jake Delhomme for the bulk of his career. It's not like Delhomme was Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady or even Matt Hasselbeck. first of all. Third, I like Moore for what he is, a high end WR2. I am sold on that. Moore is going to have to catch the ball way more consistently, run clean routes and be able to break the press down on his own way more consistently, and score not only more TDs, but more TDs in clutch time before I'm sold on the opinion that he's a WR1.  People comparing him to 89 are simply out of their minds. At this point, Moore will likely be our third best receiver in franchise history. The Panthers haven't had a consistent, legitimate, and complete playmaker at the WR position since 89. Sorry if that hurts your sensibilities. 

And, for the record, I want to draft all the big time wide receivers. I was nicknamed the Wide Receiver Extremist for a reason. You think it would have hurt my feelings to draft Chase, Keenan Allen, Amari Cooper or A.J. Brown? Not. I want them all every year. That's my bar. If you don't like it, well, too bad.

Jake Delhomme isn’t on par with what DJ has played with his entire career.  And 89 didn’t make Delhomme.  Jake’s best season was when 89 broke his leg week 1. 

and when 89 stepped onto the field.  He wasn’t the only legit starter on the field playing WR

DJ is a 1.  He just isn’t a HOF caliber 1. You are blurring what a 1 is in the NFL.  Wanting a Megatron doesn’t make DJ a 2. 

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Smith was injured in 2010; hence, the down year.

Jimmy Clausen couldn’t throw the ball downfield.  In fact he didn’t throw a single TD pass the entire season to a WR.  89 had a QB issue.   Hence why he disappeared. 

you are playing revisionist history because 89’s 2010 runs counter to your claim.  Being slightly banged up never caused 89 to disappear.  That year or the others where he was documented playing through them at the conclusion of a season.

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Jake Delhomme isn’t on par with what DJ has played with his entire career.  And 89 didn’t make Delhomme.  Jake’s best season was when 89 broke his leg week 1. 

and when 89 stepped onto the field.  He wasn’t the only legit starter on the field playing WR

DJ is a 1.  He just isn’t a HOF caliber 1. You are blurring what a 1 is in the NFL.  Wanting a Megatron doesn’t make DJ a 2. 

No. A 1 is a 1, and everyone knows what a 1 is. They really don't have to ask. There are probably 5-10 in the NFL currently. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Jimmy Clausen couldn’t throw the ball downfield.  In fact he didn’t throw a single TD pass the entire season to a WR.  89 had a QB issue.   Hence why he disappeared. 

you are playing revisionist history because 89’s 2010 runs counter to your claim.  Being slightly banged up never caused 89 to disappear.  That year or the others where he was documented playing through them at the conclusion of a season.

Say what you want. Smitty was injured. Sure, Pickles played a part, but Smitty was affected by the injury.

5 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean, that some cherry picking going on.  So DJ Moore has spent an entire career in a bad position......and then you cherry pick out 8 games and claim Tyreek Hill is an equivalent? 

Hill has Waddle lined up across from him.  A matchup nightmare and one of the few dudes who can rival Hill's speed.   And has a hotshot OC turned HC running the show.   He still isn't in a DJ Moore position.  Not even 8 games worth. 

This is Hill's first year playing with Waddle. 

52 minutes ago, top dawg said:

If you want to rewrite history that's your prerogative but we both know. As for Delhomme no he isn't a hall of fame quarterback but in his best years before the surgery he was head and shoulders way above any QB we have started since early 2019. I wish we had a QB of that caliber and not just his play but his leadership and clutch ability. We all would love another Cam but that's hitting the PowerBall twice. No Moore is not 89 idk who is saying that but it's obviously false they are two very different dudes Steve Smith had an entirely different mentality from really just about anyone else that played the position. To say he was rare only scratches the surface. He was not without his flaws either though. But DJ does not have to be Steve Smith to be impactful and help this team contend. Just as any future linebacker we draft doesn't have to be Luke Kuechly or Thomas Davis. Yes you can and should use the past as a barometer somewhat but you can't live in the past forever eventually you have to embrace new talent and appreciate what you've got while you've got it.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, frankw said:

If you want to rewrite history that's your prerogative but we both know. As for Delhomme no he isn't a hall of fame quarterback but in his best years before the surgery he was head and shoulders way above any QB we have started since early 2019. I wish we had a QB of that caliber and not just his play but his leadership and clutch ability. We all would love another Cam but that's hitting the PowerBall twice. No Moore is not 89 idk who is saying that but it's obviously false they are two very different dudes Steve Smith had an entirely different mentality from really just about anyone else that played the position. To say he was rare only scratches the surface. He was not without his flaws either though. But DJ does not have to be Steve Smith to be impactful and help this team contend. Just as any future linebacker we draft doesn't have to be Luke Kuechly or Thomas Davis. Yes you can and should use the past as a barometer somewhat but you can't live in the past forever eventually you have to embrace new talent and appreciate what you've got while you've got it.

Rewrite history? I haven't rewritten anything. I've explained to you why D.J. is a WR2 and not a WR1.

As for Delhomme, much like many past Panther players, some Huddlers put past Panthers on a pedestal within an historical context regarding their game play that most other NFL types would not.

I believe that some Panthers fans need to raise their expectations, or at the very least be more realistic.

19 hours ago, frankw said:

Are you still pretending you're not an alt and just joined the boards last year? Cause that's a hell of a throwback to call someone out for a 10-year-old take lol. Most people don't care whether someone is an alt or not but you are one of the few people who use the term "alt" disparagingly to insult others which is what makes it super weird.

Are you @TheRed?  You remind me of him which piqued my curiosity.  He was a regular for ~10 years until he disappeared off the face of the earth...less than 2 months before you joined with your current alt.

• Pie 1