• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are We Really Not Going To Talk About This?!

Castavar

2 hours ago, Castavar said:

lol No it wasn't. It was Matt Ioannidis. Come on now, a least get things right when you are trying to make a point.

It was Loannidis. So I got that one wrong. My bad. Still doesn't take away from your bad idea to deal Burns. We have 2 guys on the Dline that can play. And you want to get rid of one of them. For...a chance at something...better? I am soooo glad you are not in charge.

55 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

It was Loannidis. So I got that one wrong. My bad. Still doesn't take away from your bad idea to deal Burns. We have 2 guys on the Dline that can play. And you want to get rid of one of them. For...a chance at something...better? I am soooo glad you are not in charge.

Bro, if a team is willing to give up TWO 1st rounders for Burns you take that. 1) You don't have to overpay Burns when he isn't even a game changing DE 2) You replace him with one of the 1st rounders 3) Now you have an extra 1st rounder to further bolster your team. All can be had for a DE who constantly over runs sacks and gets folded in the run game.

40 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Bro, if a team is willing to give up TWO 1st rounders for Burns you take that. 1) You don't have to overpay Burns when he isn't even a game changing DE 2) You replace him with one of the 1st rounders 3) Now you have an extra 1st rounder to further bolster your team. All can be had for a DE who constantly over runs sacks and gets folded in the run game.

In one sentence you disrespect Burns. Then in another you want 2 1st for him. I'm good though. Keep Burns and keep building on this solid core for that next shiny new QB.

6 hours ago, Castavar said:

Don’t forget the players you could add with the funds it was going to take to resign him 

• Pie 1

It's funny, I work with a lot of people that love different teams.   We literally have just about every team covered within our organization.  95% of them would love to have Burns, many say he's a freak and super talented.

You guys want to trade him away for 2 first round picks.   We are then stuck with YGM, who is looking more and more like JAG and who?  You do realize that Stud DEs are not easy to come by.  So, while we have these two picks what happens to our defense when we have no one to rush the passer. 

Top picks are great to have but trading away your talent doesn't mean you are going to replace them in the draft.   You keep your young talent and build on top of them.  You don't trade them all away for unproven draft picks.

MAKES NO SENSE

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It's funny, I work with a lot of people that love different teams.   We literally have just about every team covered within our organization.  95% of them would love to have Burns, many say he's a freak and super talented.

You guys want to trade him away for 2 first round picks.   We are then stuck with YGM, who is looking more and more like JAG and who?  You do realize that Stud DEs are not easy to come by.  So, while we have these two picks what happens to our defense when we have no one to rush the passer. 

Top picks are great to have but trading away your talent doesn't mean you are going to replace them in the draft.   You keep your young talent and build on top of them.  You don't trade them all away for unproven draft picks.

MAKES NO SENSE

Some people see him as Myles Garrett and others like myself see him as Montez Sweat and with 2 firsts minimum plus saving a 80-100 mill would be a better direction for the team 

22 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Some people see him as Myles Garrett and others like myself see him as Montez Sweat and with 2 firsts minimum plus saving a 80-100 mill would be a better direction for the team 

He's well above Sweat. 

14 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

I don't believe anyone just wants to get rid of him. Context is important. Hes going to require a huge contract because of his potential. The hype and the production don't match.

Hype is numbers, he does more than just numbers.  

It amazes me that so many of you value him as JAG.  He's dynamic and considering he rarely has a counterpart on the other side he is quite amazing.

You just can pick and DE in the draft and expect them to be better.  Draft picks don't always pan out and you gamble quite a bit to get rid of him. 

IMO, we'll sign him to a long term deal.

9 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

He's well above Sweat. 

Hype is numbers, he does more than just numbers.  

It amazes me that so many of you value him as JAG.  He's dynamic and considering he rarely has a counterpart on the other side he is quite amazing.

You just can pick and DE in the draft and expect them to be better.  Draft picks don't always pan out and you gamble quite a bit to get rid of him. 

IMO, we'll sign him to a long term deal.

I want to keep him too but for around 15mill a year he’s not a complete enough edge to command the 20mill plus a season being thrown around 

Rams firsts seem likely to be late first round... And being in the future is a major let down, imo.  Salary cap is a sticky situation though, but then DE arguably becomes a better pick at the top of the first than QB.  I don't think we will replace Burns' production easily, even with his flaws.