• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College BBall 2022

jayboogieman

On 2/4/2023 at 8:57 PM, Shocker said:

Look at this team this season,  good or great talent and upperclassman at that.

No coaching at all.  None.  Watch his post game and hear him say “at the end of the day” a million times.  So ridiculous that UNC loses to a Duke team starting 4 freshmen 

The Duke Blue Devils are now ranked in the top 25, a position Carolina would have had if they had won.

Hubert is recruiting his ass off so as long as he can get those kids to campus that'll buy him some time along with that impromptu Final Four run, but it is not looking good right now. The tournament run looks like catching lightning in a bottle in hindsight. We look just like we did last year at this time, just awful. We aren't good defensively and are straight up fire and ice on offense. When we're cold we can't hit water from a boat and we have no PG or coaching to create easy opportunities.

It's not good.

We might be hoping that Hubert pulls a Doherty and recruits the next guy's first championship team.

Caleb Love and RJ Davis are a combined 7-26 from the field. They're shooting a combined 26%, 16% from three. The rest of the team has combined to go a respectable 14-27 from the field they're shooting 52%. 

Why does Hubert let his two starting guards gun us out of so many games? These guys don't create for their teammates. They don't defend well. They're both undersized scoring guards who do very little to contribute outside of their scoring. When they're cold other guys need to be getting opportunities. 

3 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Schools have little to no involvement with the conference schedule, out of conference sure, but not conference. Mack Brown has already come out and complained about the way Carolina’s 2023 ACC football schedule is lined up.

Meh, I think it's just creating that "us against the world" mentality in the locker room. You gotta play 'em all. I'm not really concerned about the order. When you have easier games between the harder ones people start complaining about "trap games". Just play the games. At this level you can lose to anyone if you don't show up. They don't give D1 P5 scholarships to bad football talent.

Carolina is not going dancing this season…and don’t deserve too

And for those (like me) that want Hubert Davis out don’t forget Bubba Cunningham gave him a shiny new deal and raise after last season.  As long as Bubba is here he ain’t going no where

Edited by Shocker

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Caleb Love and RJ Davis are a combined 7-26 from the field. They're shooting a combined 26%, 16% from three. The rest of the team has combined to go a respectable 14-27 from the field they're shooting 52%. 

Why does Hubert let his two starting guards gun us out of so many games? These guys don't create for their teammates. They don't defend well. They're both undersized scoring guards who do very little to contribute outside of their scoring. When they're cold other guys need to be getting opportunities. 

Man Caleb has been doing this the entire season and Hubert has not done 1 thing to change it.  This team is done this season and I seriously hope Love moves on to the Chinese league.  

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Man Caleb has been doing this the entire season and Hubert has not done 1 thing to change it.  This team is done this season and I seriously hope Love moves on to the Chinese league.  

Love is who he is. He's the most hot or cold player I've ever seen. He's usually either the best or the worst player on the floor.