• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College BBall 2022

jayboogieman

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No. I've pretty much watched only UNC in basketball for a decade or so now. If UNC isn't playing I'm pretty much not watching. 

This tourney would be perfect for you if you just wanted to find interesting/entertaining games without having to care about the outcome since UNC isn't in it. You could just enjoy the games.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

This tourney would be perfect for you if you just wanted to find interesting/entertaining games without having to care about the outcome since UNC isn't in it. You could just enjoy the games.

I honestly just don't find basketball all that entertaining these days without emotional attachment. Sucks, because basketball was by far and away favorite sport growing up. The modern version of the game just isn't very good if I'm being honest. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly just don't find basketball all that entertaining these days without emotional attachment. Sucks, because basketball was by far and away favorite sport growing up. The modern version of the game just isn't very good if I'm being honest. 

Basketball isn't the same. Too many 3s or a guard driving to the basket hoping for a foul, not enough movement and cuts, or playing in the post. It really isn't the as good as it was. That said, I still find it more entertaining than the NFL for the most part.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Basketball isn't the same. Too many 3s or a guard driving to the basket hoping for a foul, not enough movement and cuts, or playing in the post. It really isn't the as good as it was. That said, I still find it more entertaining than the NFL for the most part.

It's just really bad. Jacking threes or driving and flailing. The traditional post game and midrange game is practically dead. Defense is hacking and grabbing counting on the refs not to be able to call it all and flopping if the offense makes any contact. Golden State ruined the game for the time being. You can't efficiently run that offense without some of the greatest shooters of all time sharing the court.

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I was wrong Duke can make a run playing like this…very impressive and well coached.

Yeah I thought about replying to your original post but decided against it. Since that robbery against UVA earlier in the season the team's been red hot, making threes and tough shots at a much higher clip. Scheyer has really grown throughout the year along with the team and it's a pleasure to see. Lively and Proctor have also come a very long way since the start of the season, at times both looked borderline unplayable early on.

Edited by beo