• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College BBall 2022

jayboogieman

26 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Wojcik won’t start at Carolina.  He is a decent guard that can shoot but not a starting level player especially defensively.  Three guard lineup could be coming but we will get more transfers.

Agreed but obviously as of today he’d have to start as there’s only 8 on the roster. Hopefully he’s like 8th or 9th on the depth chart once we are finished.

I also think we’ll land Timberlake.

17 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Agreed but obviously as of today he’d have to start as there’s only 8 on the roster. Hopefully he’s like 8th or 9th on the depth chart once we are finished.

Would be really nice…next season will be a little rough but amazingly we might win more games.  That is my positive side cuz I am seriously worried about the coaching

50 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

8th or 9th on the depth chart might as well not even get a jersey with Hubert's "rotations".

I hate that Love is entering the portal. But I do think it's the best for him. I honestly figured he'd enter the draft and go G League. He'll get an NIL bag somewhere though. I hope he kills it and has an NBA career. I'll always love that kid for ending K's career properly both in the regular season home closer and the Final Four. Dude was a stud when he was on he just never found consistency and Hubert's contract greenlight just wasn't helping him develop.

This Brown kid reminds me of a guy I got paired up with on the golf course back in CO. Before my daughter was born if I could wrap up work for the day a bit early I'd bang out a round of golf in the afternoon as a solo so I'd get paired up with randos doing the same. This particular guy was huge. Like 6'5" 250 in really good shape huge. Over the round talking I found out he played college football. He went to Brown. He basically said that he knew he was a good athlete but he also knew he definitely had no future in football beyond college. He also knew he was a good student but not necessarily good enough to get into top schools on academics alone. But the combo of football and academics could get him into a school he had no business getting into without football. That's how he ended up at Brown. He said he had zero chance at getting into an Ivy League school without football but at the same time he'd be insane to turn down the chance to get an Ivy League degree to go play football at Northern Colorado or Utah State or some of the other similar scholarship offers he was getting.

More kids should think like that. Seems like everyone getting D1 attentions thinks he's gonna go pro. A lot of these guys need to realize it's a means to an end. Sports ain't gonna pay the bills and put food on your table unless you're the elite of the elite.

33 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Hahaha facts and he’s going to have to change for Carolina to succeed, for comparison, UCONN has 9 guys that average 13 minutes or more.

Hubert is gonna have to learn how to manage an actual rotation or we're going to be very active in the transfer portal losing guys left and right while trying to scrounge together a roster for as long as he lasts here. When your starting five is playing 35+ minutes it basically only leaves 25 minutes to go around for your entire bench. Guys aren't gonna stand for that in the transfer portal era. If they aren't getting PT they're gonna be gone. You'll never find out what they could've developed into because you never gave them a legit opportunity and now they're gone. Tyler Nickel was the all time leading scorer in VA HS basketball and we couldn't find any minutes for him with our starters building brick houses. Styles flat out admitted he was nervous as hell on the court because he knew any mistake might means he never gets off the bench again. Everyone on the bench was basically on the shortest of leashes but the starters just had carte blanche to do whatever. Go out there and go 3-21 and turn the ball over 6 times while playing matador defense. Keep it up!

• Pie 2