• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Young and Stroud are gone

Chris Smitty

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Ah, but wait.  The flaw in that plan is that I was reading something earlier that Brady may not retire.  I guess he is contemplating the Favre plan.....play until somebody removes your memory of who you are. 

Of course, the Bucs may not want him back, either, since his contract after this year is voided out.

None of that is in our control, and probably doesn't matter all that much, anyway.  What is in our control (#1-4) looks good, Brady or no Brady. 

46 year old brady is no longer a nightmare match=up nor as dangerous. Bring it on!!!

Im much more worried if either yucs or iants replace their rhule-like HCs......

Still feel like any team can win the division, just like the current times...

47 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Ah, but wait.  The flaw in that plan is that I was reading something earlier that Brady may not retire.  I guess he is contemplating the Favre plan.....play until somebody removes your memory of who you are. 

Of course, the Bucs may not want him back, either, since his contract after this year is voided out.

None of that is in our control, and probably doesn't matter all that much, anyway.  What is in our control (#1-4) looks good, Brady or no Brady. 

Don't worry.  Brady is going to play for the 49ers next year.

Richardson was barely good enough to be a legit passer for Florida before the season.  If we picked Will Anderson and moved up for him I would be interested.  That said…we will probably spend the next 5 years wishing he could hit a wide open receiver most of the time.

SMH people trying to recreate a Cam Newton scenario.  Cam was a better player than Richardson.  There are similarities including not being accurate.  Not to mention Cam’s otherworldly personality.  Reaching to think this is another Cam

Edited by Shocker

1 hour ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Brady is basically tied to football now.  I don’t know how bad that marriage was but giving up Gisselle for a few more years of football is pretty much insanity.  

• Beer 2

42 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Richardson was barely good enough to be a legit passer for Florida before the season.  If we picked Will Anderson and moved up for him I would be interested.  That said…we will probably spend the next 5 years wishing he could hit a wide open receiver most of the time.

SMH people trying to recreate a Cam Newton scenario.  Cam was a better player than Richardson.  There are similarities including not being accurate.  Not to mention Cam’s otherworldly personality.  Reaching to think this is another Cam

My ideal plan is to true BPA(QB, LT, DE, edge, WR, CB/ultra rare S, OG, C, LB) and then use the first 2nd on a QB....levis and richardson may still be there, idk how things will play out. 

I just dont like any of the top QBs enough, but that second group has my eyes and ears... Richardson is type that could jump into the top ten or fall til the 5th. Panthers got time to sit a QB too.....Minshew/other vet or even Corral could run the show in 23 while the diapers come off...

Edited by Basbear

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

My ideal plan is to true BPA(QB, LT, DE, edge, WR, CB/ultra rare S, OG, C, LB) and then use the first 2nd on a QB....levis and richardson may still be there, idk how things will play out. 

I just dont like any of the top QB enough, but that second group has my eyes and ears... Richardson is type that could jump into the top ten or fall til the 5th. Panthers got time to sit a QB too.....Minshew/other vet or even Corral could run the show in 23 while the diapers come off...

If they actually play Levis vs Georgia next week he might go undrafted lol

Just now, Basbear said:

I just dont like any of the top QB enough, but that second group has my eyes and ears... Richardson is type that could jump into the top ten or fall til the 5th. Panthers got time to sit a QB too.....Minshew/other vet or even Corral could run the show in 23 while the diapers come off...

Sure but the problem is that when you don’t get the QB when you can you end up being good enough to not be able to get them later.  We can’t possibly think we can wait and just get Drake Maye in the next draft.  If he keeps putting up these ridiculous numbers we won’t have the #1 pick to get him anyway.  If we pick at 3 and Stroud and Young are in fact gone we probably do pick Will Anderson.  WTF we do at QB then is a total mystery.  Trade 3 future ones and additional picks for Lamar Jackson?  Who knows.  

We almost have to take a QB even with a reach

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Sure but the problem is that when you don’t get the QB when you can you end up being good enough to not be able to get them later.  We can’t possibly think we can wait and just get Drake Maye in the next draft.  If he keeps putting up these ridiculous numbers we won’t have the #1 pick to get him anyway.  If we pick at 3 and Stroud and Young are in fact gone we probably do pick Will Anderson.  WTF we do at QB then is a total mystery.  Trade 3 future ones and additional picks for Lamar Jackson?  Who knows.  

We almost have to take a QB even with a reach

Brother, Im breaking all sort of my rules talking about the 2023, 0.00000000000 clue about the far future 2024. I got no clue as well, too much in flux with no HC on the team.

I do know the cap somewhat and it shows you need to draft a QB. I mean the FA class would have a few names Geno Smith(how on earth), Daniel Jones (" ") and Im betting a few cuts like matt ryan..... Even a surprise type ala - Mike White and why not bring back Heinicke for the ....4th?!??! time?

But my heart is set on the man the myth the legend Minshew...

Toss GB a mid-rounder for a go at love, whom I heard good chatter about this year...

Just now, Basbear said:

Brother, Im breaking all sort of my rules talking about the 2023, 0.00000000000 clue about the far future 2024. I got no clue as well, too much in flux with no HC on the team.

I do know the cap somewhat and it shows you need to draft a QB. I mean the FA class would have a few names Geno Smith(how on earth), Daniel Jones (" ") and Im betting a few cuts like matt ryan..... Even a surprise type ala - Mike White and why not bring back Heinicke for the ....4th?!??! time?

Toss GB a mid-rounder for a go at love, whom I heard good chatter about this year...

Man, we are all in a quagmire here.  Minshew ain’t the answer man.  I remember a quote from Marsellus Wallace (Pulp Fiction) “you were good, but if you were gonna  make it you would have maken it before now”.  

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Basbear said:

You seriously want to trade another draft pick for a project QB? We haven't even gotten through the Corral and Mayfield picks we gambled away

• Beer 1

I have no idea what Fitt will do because from what fans tell me he was under Rhule's thumb and didn't have any freedom to pick the free agents and draft picks he wanted. If I am to believe that, then what Fitt will do next is difficult to say.

The people who have the most information on our QBs think that Sam is the worst healthy QB on the roster. He's gone at the end of the season never to return. Baker and PJ are in a battle for the starting spot, and anyone on Earth could tell you that neither will be on the roster as the starting QB next season. That leaves Corral and possibly PJ or Baker as our backup QB. I think Baker will leave for greener pastures, and that leaves PJ looking to be our backup, and Corral wanting to start. We obviously are not going through next season with just PJ and Corral, and maybe not even PJ will remain.

CJ and Young are the big prizes in 2023. CJ has a powerful arm, but his mechanics get sloppy at times, and he's not the most savvy QB you'll see. Young's arm is lacking in power throwing deep, but he's really savvy and intelligent, he keeps his vision down field when he needs to move in the pocket, and moves in the pocket as well as any QB you'll see. The Panthers ongoing self inflicted QB limbo is highly unlikely to end now that we're beating up on NFCS teams, not to mention the other poop teams on our extremely easy schedule. Hell the only reason grandpa Brady is still playing is because of the cryptocurrency disaster. With those QBs off the table I think Fitt will target a free agent QB again, and who would come here except the most poop FA QBs on the market?

Yes w may draft a QB no one is talking about right now, but I have my doubts.  

Just now, Shocker said:

Man, we are all in a quagmire here.  Minshew ain’t the answer man.  I remember a quote from Marsellus Wallace (Pulp Fiction) “you were good, but if you were gonna  make it you would have maken it before now”.  

I don't think anybody believes Minshew is the answer, just that he is good enough to do what they brought Bridgewater in to do in 2020.  And that was not a bad plan at all, they just effed it up.  If whoever we draft is good enough to start in week 1, or week 4, or week 9, or week 15, Minshew becomes the backup until someone else pilfers him.  If somehow Corral lights it up and is good enough to start instead, Minshew becomes the backup.

I don't think anybody is talking about buying him, just renting him for a while.  Minshew is basically spending a career as a U-Haul truck: teams rent him for a purpose, and when that job is done they turn him in.

He's a UFA after this season, so the truck is available for rent.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Dropping some wisdom...

He almost had the Jags, I repeat the j a g s in the playoffs....then they got the #1 overall pick and sunshine is allll world/cannt miss wonder kid. Traded to hurts team and hes clipboard jesus... I dont think he could be elite, just make some waves in 23. While this young team and new coach figure this black cat team out... I know this, he can not be worse than pj, baker or sammy boi!!