• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football Rivalry Week

jayboogieman

55 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I just heard a rumor from a pretty good source that is saying bama is going to offer drake maye a million dollar NIL deal to get him there.   Supposedly UNC is losing a ton on offense so it would behoove maye to switch schools.  If he sits out the bowl game then that would be the tell tale sign

That would be hilarious and kill the UNC fanboys, but his family has been a big deal in Chapel Hill for years now, so I wouldn't put much stock in the rumor.

4 hours ago, stbugs said:

Definitely. Glad LSU and Tennessee lost because they got way too much credit for beating Alabama, a team that could easily be 7-5. Might have been the worst Alabama team in a while and somehow LSU with two losses was knocking on the door for the playoffs. Same with Tennessee last week.

Bama, Clemson, Ohio St.  Could argue they are the weakest versions in a decade.   Those have been the big 3 the last decade.  

Michigan and UGA IMO only look great in the context of this season.    I think they get stomped by top teams of the past decade. 

Pros and cons to parity.  I think it is temporary under the current structure.  I think college football still has a lot of work to do with NIL.  It’s basically pay to play and professional sports currently.  And some programs are really going to take advantage of NIL and the transfer portal in ways we havent seen fully play out yet IMO.   Handful of programs are just going to write checks others can’t keep pace with.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Ohio State and Alabama are a bit of a surprise because they have solid QBs. Clemson has DJ Trash at QB, dude is legit terrible and loses games.

DJ is trash, but more of an impact going forward is Dabo’s refusal to utilize the transfer portal and the promoting coaches from within. His reliance on recruiting kids and developing them is not going to work in this era of college football. 

I’ve generally enjoyed Dabo over the past decade or so but his value system doesn’t match up with what college football is turning into. I do not think Dabo will change and I can’t fault him for sticking to what he believes in.  I think Clemson, will continue to do well in the ACC (while it lasts) but likely will not be competing for national championships. 

1 hour ago, Popsickle said:

DJ is trash, but more of an impact going forward is Dabo’s refusal to utilize the transfer portal and the promoting coaches from within. His reliance on recruiting kids and developing them is not going to work in this era of college football. 

I’ve generally enjoyed Dabo over the past decade or so but his value system doesn’t match up with what college football is turning into. I do not think Dabo will change and I can’t fault him for sticking to what he believes in.  I think Clemson, will continue to do well in the ACC (while it lasts) but likely will not be competing for national championships. 

I mean it works if you recruit a super stud QB and he actually pans out.  They have been just a QB short the past two years.    And they probably are in the CFP with just a decent QB the last two years (not even a stud). 

He has one of the best prospects on the bench.   A real head scratcher there why he is waiting on using him 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 11/27/2022 at 10:04 AM, mrcompletely11 said:

I just heard a rumor from a pretty good source that is saying bama is going to offer drake maye a million dollar NIL deal to get him there.   Supposedly UNC is losing a ton on offense so it would behoove maye to switch schools.  If he sits out the bowl game then that would be the tell tale sign

Oh I definitely see him transferring.  He has 2 options: Pac-12 to get bonkers awesome inflated stats to hype himself up for the draft or SEC for a legacy run at a title.