• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who should we be looking at outside the "top 4" QB candidates?

rayzor

8 hours ago, Dan Hart said:

I'd definitely consider kicking the tyres on Jordan Travis. He's looking pretty good for FSU this season.

He’ll be available late. This was his fifth year of college ball, is on the smaller side and hasn’t had that one year to blow you away yet, still. 

Edited by Varking

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

he looked really impressive against florida. he doesn't look particularly tall. is he a legit 6'1?

Almost everyone looks impressive against the Gator defense the past four years. Mullen killed us. He is on the smaller side for sure, it’s his fifth year of college ball and he threw for just over 20 TDS this year. Those runs he did against Florida are sacks in the NFL. I’d rather keep Corral over him than invest another 4th-7th in a QB. Either get one in the first or rock with Matt next year. 

12 hours ago, saX man said:

This is an example of what I mean. Brugler who is very much in tune with a handful of FOs and different insiders speaks so cautiously of Penix. His notable sections are about how he wasn’t considered draftable before this season, has a long delivery and is a strider. There is clearly pause in the eval community, still though I think he’s looked great.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/is-michael-penix-jr-as-good-as-gone-assessing-the-star-husky-qbs-looming-nfl-draft-decision/

It's got to be his injury history.  When at Indiana he never completed a full season healthy. He had two acl tears and a shoulder issue that kept him out. This is the first year he has stayed healthy.  He also was very hesitant to run when he was at Indiana.

If you want to see him carve up a good defense watch his 2020 game vs. Ohio State. Looked much better than Justin Fields that game even though IU lost.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Varking said:

Almost everyone looks impressive against the Gator defense the past four years. Mullen killed us. He is on the smaller side for sure, it’s his fifth year of college ball and he threw for just over 20 TDS this year. Those runs he did against Florida are sacks in the NFL. I’d rather keep Corral over him than invest another 4th-7th in a QB. Either get one in the first or rock with Matt next year. 

you corral truthers are killing me...

• Beer 1

40 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

you corral truthers are killing me...

Weird thing to call me when I’ve been asking for us to draft Stroud. I was saying I’d rather go with Corral than draft another small project QB late like Travis. 

Edited by Varking

23 minutes ago, Varking said:

Weird thing to call me when I’ve been asking for us to draft Stroud. I was saying I’d rather go with Corral than draft another small project QB late like Travis. 

Im fine with stroud..but i wouldnt connect corral to Travis. my problem with Corral isnt his size.He just hasnt flashed any reason for me to have any faith in him. shoyld be be released? absoutely not. but we would be foolish to guarantee him anything.

30 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Im fine with stroud..but i wouldnt connect corral to Travis. my problem with Corral isnt his size.He just hasnt flashed any reason for me to have any faith in him. shoyld be be released? absoutely not. but we would be foolish to guarantee him anything.

He isn’t guaranteed anything. Even if we drafted Travis he’s not looked at like he’s a day 1 starter. He probably doesn’t go until day 3 of the draft. If that’s the case he’s just going to compete with Matt, who is under contract anyway. 

56 minutes ago, Varking said:

He isn’t guaranteed anything. Even if we drafted Travis he’s not looked at like he’s a day 1 starter. He probably doesn’t go until day 3 of the draft. If that’s the case he’s just going to compete with Matt, who is under contract anyway. 

agreed... I don't think having Corral should negate or influence Travis as a potential selection. Even if we took say stroud in round 1. Travis as a backup taken in say the 6-7 isnt a bad idea. I think after this season we wipe the qb locker room clean.. Having 3 qbs compete for the spot of back and starter isnt a bad idea.

8 minutes ago, Fright said:

The reasoning why a lot of you want certain QBs are the same qualities that Corral had coming out of college(quick release, big arm, etc)... draft best D lineman and play Corral.

So you want the new HC to bank his entire first season on a 3rd round rookie that is on IR and looked bad in his limited playing time??  I get keeping him on the roster and letting him compete, but that is one hell of a gamble...