• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oubre Appreciation

rippadonn

I'm thankful for Tsunami Poppi himself Mr Kelly Oubre Jr.

Big props are due. Nobody may be watching because LaMelo isn't back yet but in the absence of almost everybody he shows up every night with an almost guaranteed 20pts+,rebounds, steals.

Props where props are due, he's put the work in. This man is becoming a starter before our very eyes.

• Poo 3

Hey everyone Jackie Lee doesn't appreciate anybody unless they're "winning".

I can watch games and give guys credit for their individual effort.

Of course you wouldn't get those nuances. Guys have to get better individually (their game) for the team to start "winning"

Bandwagon fans and sourpusses to the back of the fan line please.

He was 5-19 you want to hand out awards or what? Even Terry was 11-28. This team is just bad and looks like it needs a roster overhaul. That doesn't mean people are bandwagon fans or hate the team. And who tf would classify as a bandwagon anyway? This team has never been to a finals never been to a conference championship still holds the worst single season winning % in NBA history and hasn't won a playoff series in 20 years. Let's stop the "I'm a better fan" nonsense. We all want the same thing but we all don't have to be happy about the very bad decisions that have led us to this point or lie to ourselves about the current state of things though.

3 hours ago, MechaZain said:

@33inNCis never going to let me live down "superstar Oubre" lol. He's our main option without Gordon and LaMelo unfortunately.

Y'all should brighten up though this place is depressing. Root for Wemby or something.

To your defense, I'd love to see Oubre take the next step, but he has proven to me that he is not, nor will never be, a star.

He lost me this season when they were up by 2 with 20-30 seconds left and jacked up a bad 3 when all they needed was a 2 to put the game away.  He constantly takes bad shots and has shown no basketball IQ of when to pull the trigger.  We don't need him.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/hornets-kelly-oubre-scores-28-points-in-loss/

28pts

6th game in a row with 20+ points.

team logo

Oubre supplied 28 points (11-20 FG, 3-7 3Pt, 3-5 FT), eight rebounds, one assist, one block and two steals across 41 minutes during Wednesday's 122-116 loss to the Nets.

Oubre scored 18 of his 28 points in the second half while making seven of his 13 shot attempts after halftime. He's scored at least 20 points in eight of his last nine games and is averaging 24.3 points while making 48.0 percent of his shots in that span. He's averaging more than 20 points per game for the first time in his career -- 20.4 points per game to be exact -- and his 32.7 minutes per game are his most since the 2019-2020 season.

• Beer 1