• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official NCAAF Portal Thread

Panthers Fan 69

8 hours ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Me personally, I never took it as a negative thing.

To me, it was more of there's a new sheriff in town and positive change will come, and everyone here will compete 

I mean he said point blank that them just showing up ain’t good enough. They have a unique opportunity to get paid serious money and are just pissing it away while embarrassing the school town and fans. UNC sports could use a stern talking to like that and ruffling some feathers. 

Yes, this is an CAROLINA PANTHERS / NFL  forum.  For this one season I understand all the weird topics showing up here , rather than   THE LOUNGE forum .  There use to be a college forum too, but I see it's gone.

After about week 3 or 4 , our fan base was mailing it in.. So we really are discussing firing Rhule.,, Telling everyone that might still be reading, HOW BAD ALL OUR QB's are.  Who will be our next coach ..  Mathematically we aren't eliminated ..    What I'm saying is  WE don't have Carolina Panthers football to discuss.  Our season is over. 

So for this Panther season I have no problem seeing others discussing their college football  on the NFL FORUM.     

Or they could move it to the Lounge.

• Pie 1

College football has basically turned into professional sports but with no salary cap or luxury tax.  It's going to kill college football in a few years if they dont change some rules to balance it out.  I definitely think kids should get paid but they are going to have to change some things.

• Pie 2

49 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

College football has basically turned into professional sports but with no salary cap or luxury tax.  It's going to kill college football in a few years if they dont change some rules to balance it out.  I definitely think kids should get paid but they are going to have to change some things.

There’s always been cheating and paying kids and their handlers under the table. Danny Ford won a championship in the 80s and Clemson doing it. Duke was able to get Zion’s momma a “consultant job” at Nike and a dope rental house among other things. Miami football, UCLA basketball in their prime were paying guys like crazy. The list goes on. 

but now it’s accepted and completely unregulated. It’s a disaster. The NCAA can’t enforce anything and it’s basically fraudulent/sham NIL deals being used to bribe players. 

something has to be done or it’s gonna destroy a sport like college FB unless u are a fan of 10-15 teams. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So apparently you can transfer twice...

Dawson Garcia transferred from UNC back to Minnesota claiming family problems. That’s his second transfer in less than a year - and while it was documented his elderly grandmother did pass away, there was significant, credible chatter with some UNC outlets that he was butthurt Manek took his starting spot and used this an excuse to leave. I don’t think he was missed considering what the UNC team looked like once he was gone and the Marquette / UNC NCAA press conference when a reporter asked Bacot if they were gonna talk to DG about Marquette and they all started laughing.