• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What does Steve Wilks do better than Ron Rivera?

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

All I see is that he’s not as stubborn about personnel. Rivera woulda held onto CMC and kept running him into a wall every week. And if Fitterer got rid of CMC anyway, there’s no way Blackshear would be getting the opportunities he’s getting under Rivera. Bozeman would still be on the bench. Etc. 

Dunno about Bozeman - although Rivera was very loyal to his guys, it was mostly to the detriment of rookies versus good veterans. But you are right on CMC and one of apparent benefits of Wilks over Rivera.

However, I'm a little afraid to crown Wilks that way yet since we've had very little time overall with him...

• Pie 1

I have accepted that the panthers will most likely make the same mistake and Wilks will be our HC for the next 3-4 years with no back to back winning seasons or Super Bowl wins because he is a clone of Rivera and we wont be contenders until sometime in 2028-2030 if we hired the right coach a couple years prior after Wilks is fired around 2026.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Gipetto said:

Under ron

Terrace Marshall would still be inactive

Raheem Blackshear would still be on the practice squad if even on the team

Baker would still be here playing like ass

we would still be forcing it to McCaffery

I don't know, I mean Bonnafon got a decent amount of Carries,  But overall, Ron is like a lot of old school coaches in the NFL today.  He overuses his best running backs.  Don't know yet if Wilkes does that.