• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How to do a 180 degree turn around

Jmac

41 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

One of the biggest changes I've seen, regardless of QB, is Bozeman calling out protections, and effectively.  He is leaps and bounds better than most centers in the league and Rhule's choice of Elflein is probably the worst eval he had in the NFL.  DTs aren't collapsing the pocket which has been such a major problem since Kalil retired.

Because of this, Corbett and Brady are able to adjust quickly and those three have been doing a very good job together communicating and pushing the pile forward.  

We need to find a QB pronto because this OL is a really good one.  The defense is great.  

This. I don’t even have any issues with Elfein. I think he showed he is a top tier backup center. He was much better there than at guard. 

He absolutely isn’t better than Boze though. That is all on Rhule. 

4 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Props to him, he has me actually interested in watching Panthers football again. I did not care under Rhule, as it was some of the most boring, uninspired football that I have seen in our history. 

same here.

i quit caring with rhule. apathy was really taking root.

this is the most fun i've had watching in years. even when we lose now, i've been invested and feel like the guys left everything out there. they care about the game. with rhule, their minds were somewhere else...by design.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

5 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Putting in Bozeman and choosing to run the ball down opponents throat seems like it would have been obvious even to an idiot like Rhule.

Wilks has done a great job since taking over and he’s playing to our teams strengths. We are running the ball well and playing defense. Not only that, but I appreciated the way he stuck with PJ and the way he later inserted Darnold to the top of the depth chart. He let PJ compete for the job and when he was no longer getting the job done, he went on to the next man up. Foreman has been amazing since taking over and this offensive line is going to be really special.

I wasn’t on the Wilks train for next season and I’m still not quite there just yet. But he’s starting to win me over. 

But you don't understand, talking about running the football is just as good as actually running the football. 

You see, you convince your opponents you are going to run the ball down their throats, then you don't do it, outsmarting them.  They would never expect that (especially since the QB room couldn't generate enough points through the air to hit the magic 17 point Mason/Dixon line. 

We'll fool 'em, even if they are right about our QBs!  Or else.  Trust The Process, or your not OOU.

I agree with you on Wilks, and we are in the same place for the same reasons.  I don't think he is ever going to devise a game plan that will miraculously overcome enormous odds and win a championship, but he is also not going to overlook the obvious, either. 

• Pie 2