• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brock Purdy

NAS

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

2 games lol   bust amirite?

Could be heading that way.  What's your excuse as to why Purdy looks so much better than Lance after Lance had a year of understudy?  

Besides your claim he was playing a monsoon.  69degrees 15mph winds.

Edited by DaveThePanther2008

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Could be heading that way.  What's your excuse as to why Purdy looks so much better than Lance after Lance had a year of understudy?  

Maybe Lance started this year on the road in bad weather conditions without Kittle and CMC in a game where HE was the leading rusher? Looks like Kittle and CMC had some great games these past few games.  Purdy has looked great, but that doesn't make Lance a bust.  You have to look at the whole situation instead of these brass instant judgements...

20 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I don't think anyone said that he'd be doing the same here. Hell, he may have been cut here, or hurt, and not had any type of development. As for wishing we had got him in a trade, there's really no harm in that. But, even if that's the "issue", address that, don't just throw the kid in with people whom you perceive are failures.

The whole point of this thread is wishful thinking. OP literally wanted it to happen and others resonate with his opinion. Again, wishful thinking, something that did not and will never happen. It's an issue that this board has for whatever reason. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Maybe Lance started this year on the road in bad weather conditions without Kittle and CMC in a game where HE was the leading rusher? Looks like Kittle and CMC had some great games these past few games.  Purdy has looked great, but that doesn't make Lance a bust.  You have to look at the whole situation instead of these brass instant judgements...

Its insane to even try and debate him.   He literally called Lance a bust after one game.  Thats the level of intelligence you are dealing with here

12 minutes ago, NAS said:

Yet Trey Lance has not performed 

You are talking abut 2 starts when the entire league prepared for him as the starter.   AND most importantly, they didn't have CMC.  They are 7-1 with CMC. He's the security blanket, especially for a young QB.  CMC has had ~225 yards rushing and 75 yards receiving in the 2 games Purdy has started.

Maybe Lance isn't good. Maybe Purdy is the next Brady.  

I don't know but I can tell you that reason he is succeeding is mostly built around Kyle's offense and Christian.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Brass judgement?  Purdy had almost as many completed passes in a row than Lance had the whole game.  Lance also had Samuel in the line-up.  

You and @mrcompletely11 make all these excuses why Lance looked so bad but discount Purdy's performance as JAG behind a great coach.  Why's that?

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I'm more impressed with Purdy's play than I am for a QB that SF traded 3 first round picks for.  Aren't you?

I just prefer a MUCH larger sample size before making any dumb judgements, but you keep doing you!  Write off Manning, Aikman, and Elway after their rookie years too while you are at it.  We should have extended Kyle Allen after his 5-0 start with us and Darnold after he started 3-0 too last year.  Some QBs take time to develop and that is OK/normal. 

Again I think Purdy has played well and could possibly be a starting QB in this league, but let's give him some time as well....

3 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

You are talking abut 2 starts when the entire league prepared for him as the starter.   AND most importantly, they didn't have CMC.  They are 7-1 with CMC. He's the security blanket, especially for a young QB.  CMC has had ~225 yards rushing and 75 yards receiving in the 2 games Purdy has started.

Maybe Lance isn't good. Maybe Purdy is the next Brady.  

I don't know but I can tell you that reason he is succeeding is mostly built around Kyle's offense and Christian.

It wasnt even 2 games, he got injured in the first qt game 2.

27 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Lance had an entire season behind Jimmy G and looked terrible in his 2 starts.  Some huddlers making excuses for him, yet Purdy comes in and operates the offense like Lance should have.  To me, many have a double standards when it comes to validating trading away 3 1st for a QB that looks worse than MR. IRRELEVANT. 

But it's really not apples to apples. Purdy had substantially more practical experience than Lance. Lance is more physically gifted and had more perceptible traits, but he has a certain amount of rawness--more than most because of his collegiate career arc. Now with the injuries further stunting his development, Purdy may have passed him not only on the curve of development, but also the curve of expectations. Purdy has at least muddied the water. I wouldn't count out Lance just yet though. QBs develop at their own pace if given the opportunity. The problem, at least in my mind, is that NFL types are indoctrinated in the mindset that higher picks are always better and more deserving than the lower round projects. In addition to that line of thinking is that no one wants to be patient anymore. So there are the preconceived notions and a lack of patience, and unfortunately this leads to a lot of wasted talent and missed opportunities. The guys farther down the totem pole have to work harder, be ready, and sometimes be lucky--including being drafted by the right team in the right situation--in order to succeed.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Its insane to even try and debate him.   He literally called Lance a bust after one game.  Thats the level of intelligence you are dealing with here

I said he looked terrible.  Absolutely terrible.  I didn't say he was a bust.  I was saying he look terrible.  Compare him to Purdy who has been with the team less than a year and look 1000% better than Lance.