• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Games

jayboogieman

On 12/24/2022 at 10:26 AM, Bear Hands said:

Haener & O'Connell probably lead the class behind Bryce in the competitive toughness category but Haener no doubt needs to fill out his frame.    

Comparing the two, both have a ton to like but their arms and athleticism hold them back.  Haener has the edge over Aidanin both those depts, but Aidan has been a proven record coming back and having GWDs against top competition.  He stands tall and really sees the middle of the field well.  David Bell at WR helped but still, he's shown a lot.

Buut I just love Haener's vibe on the field--pocket feel, accuracy and placement.  That was a different team all together when he was out.  Fresno State's offense wasn't some machine that kept running without him.  But 6'1 195ish, you need some Young level intangibles to be considered R1-2.  

Both strike me as 3rd-6th rounders that could become a starter for the right team down the road.  Kind of the Cousins path.  

I just look at them compared to a Duggan, Hall, Hooker, or Rattler and they're just so much better refined as a passer and really live in that QB mindset.

Tune has even more traits than those two and the Senior Bowl could catapult him.  Time will tell on that front but he's the one to watch that could sniff QB4, more than likely QB5 in this class.  I can see teams buying in on him over any of these guys mentioned once Richardson is off the board.

I'm in on rising too, hope he declares. Thoughts?

I got 5 I could be ok with after the top 4 go rnd 1-2. I'm not that high on hall though, but Duggan and Hooker I'm with you  And I'm harsh to Hooker bc of the offense he played in, but athletically he's dang impressive.

13 hours ago, chbright said:

I'm in on rising too, hope he declares. Thoughts?

I got 5 I could be ok with after the top 4 go rnd 1-2. I'm not that high on hall though, but Duggan and Hooker I'm with you  And I'm harsh to Hooker bc of the offense he played in, but athletically he's dang impressive.

I like Rising as a player.  Tough as nails, stepped up in big games, good improviser. 

But that is a friendly offense he's in, and as a prospect, the arm talent just isn't there to operate efficiently in an NFL pocket.  The ball just doesn't move with good velocity off his throws and it's going to be an issue.  Similar issue I have with Duggan.  Has had a spectacular college football season, but the traits as a passer just don't translate.  They have been the perfect guys for those college squads, but it's a big gamble with them come big leagues.  I'd have Jaren Hall over them in that mid to late round tier.  

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think Oregon may blow out UNC. Or maybe UNC blows out Oregon. Or maybe it's a competitive game.

I have absolutely no clue what to expect out of this game and not much of anything will surprise me.

The San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl? And I thought bowl names had hit rock bottom with the Jimmy Kimmel one.