• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Mcadoo developing Darnold??

WOW!!

5 minutes ago, Rags said:

AND adding Jalen Ramsey and Von Miller. AND replacing Gurely w/ Cooper Kupp. And again, that team lost because they lost their identity. Regardless of position, that's tough. If Gurley doesn't have arthritis that's a different game, that's a different Rams team that STILL ended up playing that game close. If McCourty doesn't make an elite deflection the Rams seriously might win that game.

We're not in a position where we really can be anything else but a team trying to figure out their answer at QB. There's no easy answer. There's no easy bake Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen or Brady. Even Stroud or that Alabama kid i'm blanking on aren't guarantees, just safer bets. Zach Wilson went #2 overall and he has worse processing speed in college than Darnold ever has.

All we can do is look at ways to replicate our success, and ways to suport it and make it stronger.   Do you think Mahomes is as good as he is without Kelce? Without Hill? And do you think THEY'RE as good as they are without Smith, Reid and their success? 

All you can do is start swinging. Which is what I've been begging to do for three years now. Meanwhile y'all wanna see how far we can go with Sam freaking Darnold.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we get put in a situation where we have to throw to try to win down the stretch we'll find out. I know where my money is. If I'm wrong, awesome. 

He proved against the Vikes last year we can climb on his back or are you forgetting the 90yd 2 min drive?

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

All you can do is start swinging. Which is what I've been begging to do for three years now. Meanwhile y'all wanna see how far we can go with Sam freaking Darnold.

Because we see where we're at as a team, right now in the year 2022 in respect to the NFL. A team winning with Sam freaking Darnold. Yes, there is still improvments, and we're more than likely gonna get clapped in the playoffs (Cowboys run D is sus as hell tho, and Sam has show good against the defense even before the ints started), but there's a sustianable blueprint here.

Improvements need to be made at QB and if we get a top tier QB from this draft? Aces! But also we know that there's more consequences to "Just start swinging who cares if you miss" to this team in the year 2022 and the immediate team in 2023, a team that can start building success if they build right.

Nobody is saying Sam is the future past it, but what he's shown he should be the 2023 starter.

Edited by Rags

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Are you just willfully ignoring the rest of last year? Do you really want to try to use last year to talk about what Sam Darnold has proven in the NFL?

To be clear there are actual posters on here advocating for Sam fuging darnold to be our starting qb going into next season.  It’s fuging surreal.  It’s a stranger version of the Stockholm syndrome.   The dude sucks ass at football and there is 5 years worth of data but yet some people still have the “well maybe” mentality about him.   He fuging sucks.   Let’s be better then Sam fuging darnold.   fuging Christ what games are you people watching?

5 minutes ago, Rags said:

Because we see where we're at as a team, right now in the year 2022 in respect to the NFL. A team winning with Sam freaking Darnold. Yes, there is still improvments, and we're more than likely gonna get clapped in the playoffs (Cowboys run D is sus as hell tho, and Sam has show good against the defense even before the ints started), but there's a sustianable blueprint here.

Improvements need to be made at QB and if we get a top tier QB from this draft? Aces! But also we know that there's more consequences to "Just start swinging who cares if you miss" to this team in the year 2022 and the immediate team in 2023, a team that can start building success if they build right.

We aren't going to compete for SBs until we find a franchise QB. Period.  Building right is looking for a franchise QB until you find one.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

We aren't going to compete for SBs until we find a franchise QB. Period.  Building right is looking for a franchise QB until you find one.

And we're not going to compete for SBs unless we get to the playoffs. Your mindset is incredibly boom or bust, and even if you get what you want you have PLENTY of cases like Murray and Texans Watson to show it's not that simple as just get your QB.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

To be clear there are actual posters on here advocating for Sam fuging darnold to be our starting qb going into next season.  It’s fuging surreal.  It’s a stranger version of the Stockholm syndrome.   The dude sucks ass at football and there is 5 years worth of data but yet some people still have the “well maybe” mentality about him.   He fuging sucks.   Let’s be better then Sam fuging darnold.   fuging Christ what games are you people watching?

Umm the one where he directed us to 37 pts. 

The ones where he's making big throws when called on.

I guaran phucking te you that Sam Darnold is better than anyone we draft next year.

I'm not saying Richardson or Corral couldn't ever catch and pass him down the road. But right now? Nope

8 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

I'm just talking about physical upside.

Fix his brain and you have a weapon 

Cool I've been lookin for a post to piggyback off of my thoughts abt Darnold and this is as good as any.

Darnold is who he is. And when people normally say that, it's typically negative. He panics under pressure, he then makes dumb decisions under pressure, his processing speed is slow, and his accuracy is wonky. 

What Mcadoo has done good here is realizing Darnold is who he is, but in a positive light. The Steelers game, funnily enough is the reason why I'm encouraged by Darnold going into 2023. Not poo went right around him, but he still found ways to thrive while also not making any mistakes -- even when pressured! He either stepped up and made an on time throw, or he reset and took the sack! That's a big step forward! 

We know what Sam can do when things go right, we've known for two years. He makes 'Wow' throws, hell he made a few yesterday. Nobody in their right mind should say "Sam's gonna be elite.",  we're still unsure how much we can truly put on his plate, if he's really made his current habits permanent, and how well his decision making holds up when adjustments get faster and faster. But if Ryan Tannehill and Marcus Mariota can still have starting jobs going into week 1 of the 2022 season, in a year when Jared Goff on the fugin Lions and Geno Smith are having great years, there's literally no reason not to feel okay with going in with Sam and Matt and building up your areas of strength as a team. If he meets the means, cool. If he acoels, great! And if he stinks it up then poo happens. 

Edited by Rags
  • Pie 1