• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Act as GM if we win the division….

WarPanthers89

24 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Sigh.   Just because he is better then rhule doesn't mean he deserves the job.  

5-1 down the stretch with Sam Darnold deserves an interview and probably the job.  These are still huge ifs, mind you - beating two division opponents, even if they are pretty bad, is still a tall task.  

I also think if we get into the playoffs but get embarrassed, well, that might change things too.

3 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Completely agree. This situation is very similar to the Rich Bisaccia and Las Vegas Raiders last year. 

Remember this?

David Carr: Raiders don't need to look for new HC; Rich Bisaccia is the guy

https://www.nfl.com/videos/david-carr-raiders-don-t-need-to-look-for-new-hc-rich-bisaccia-is-the-guy

sure was a good thing the Raiders brain trust went in the direction they did

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Sigh.   Just because he is better then rhule doesn't mean he deserves the job.  

What would you consider a good record for a coach that had 3 different starting QBs in the same season and had to overcome the hand he was dealt? IF we make the playoffs and win the South, he deserves STRONG consideration. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

5-1 down the stretch with Sam Darnold deserves an interview and probably the job.  These are still huge ifs, mind you - beating two division opponents, even if they are pretty bad, is still a tall task.  

I also think if we get into the playoffs but get embarrassed, well, that might change things too.

sure was a good thing the Raiders brain trust went in the direction they did

how's Rich Bisaccia doing? best he could do is get the ST coordinator job in Green Bay 

5 hours ago, Waldo said:

They were 12-4 in 2013 and not 3 5 win seasons infront of 2014. That is a huge difference.

I would say DC the last 3 years is a better comp and they are .500 in their 3rd year after limping into the biggest loser playoff appearance and they still haven't had a winning season since, even with an extra game added last year.

People are really hanging onto that 2014 season for some reason. The 2014 team would eat this team for lunch and we ain’t gonna get lucky and play a team without their starting QB. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Completely agree. This situation is very similar to the Rich Bisaccia and Las Vegas Raiders last year. 

Remember this?

David Carr: Raiders don't need to look for new HC; Rich Bisaccia is the guy

https://www.nfl.com/videos/david-carr-raiders-don-t-need-to-look-for-new-hc-rich-bisaccia-is-the-guy

No proof that Bisaccia wouldn’t fall on his face like every interim HC that has before him. 
Again, NO interim HC has ever had success in the playoffs and none have ever made the Super Bowl. 
I believe stats speak volumes and are right more often then wrong. 

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

No proof that Bisaccia wouldn’t fall on his face like every interim HC that has before him. 
Again, NO interim HC has ever had success in the playoffs and none have ever made the Super Bowl. 
I believe stats speak volumes and are right more often then wrong. 

When was the last time an interim coach made the playoffs?

When was the last time one took a team from 1-5 to winning the division?  Yes it's a poo division. Doesn't matter.

ALL this is assuming Wilks does win the division, which I'm not certain will happen.  If it does, it says a lot about him as a coach though.

• Pie 3

17 hours ago, Martin said:

So are you looking for us to not use our strengths (running the ball) and instead air it out, just because? What would be an example of a modern HC thing you are looking for?

Well against every team we potentially play against in the playoffs we can’t rely on running the ball 100 percent. Like we ain’t running for 150 yards against the Cowboys. 

5 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

When was the last time one took a team from 1-5 to winning the division?  Yes it's a poo division. Doesn't matter.

ALL this is assuming Wilks does win the division, which I'm not certain will happen.  If it does, it says a lot about him as a coach though.

It does matter

4 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Last year. Also you keep mentioning 1-5 record and yes it does matter. An interim HC having success when he is made interim is not abnormal. Most interims have success because they are injecting some newness into the team. 
Wilks success isn’t surprising. 
But, as I said before, stats don’t lie. Unless he has become some savant HC after he flamed out in Arizona. 
He will either make the playoffs but never make the Super Bowl. 
Fail once he has control because he isn’t a good HC. 

This is tough because SO much of my plan could change over the next couple/few games. 

Darnold could make a me a believer in his ability to be a top 20 QB and I’d offer a 2-3 year deal around 8-10mil per with an out before the last year. Could be our bridge or more. 

Wilks could make me a believer that a replacement would crush the locker room. How can we hire Steichen who apparently can be a bit awkward when the players are all rallying for Wilks who’s showing great leadership skills. 

Those two decisions alone would alter too much to say definitively what my plan would be. Just winning the division may not provide enough info. There’s a possibility we could beat the Bucs and look terrible in a loss to the Saints while still winning the division. 

TBD for me, but this will be a fun excercise two games from now.