• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So the Titans giving up on Malik Willis already?

GoobyPls

28 minutes ago, stbugs said:

If Corral was anywhere close to Dak or Wilson, he would have gotten the reps. Rhule needed to save his job and if Corral looked like Dak or Wilson, he would have started him. A rookie having flashes but making some rookie mistakes would have kept Rhule around.

I already said what I think but you haven’t given me any examples for Corral. He’s not Dak or Wilson who were ready to start day 1. What’s your analysis that I should listen aside from Rhule sucked ass? That doesn’t magically make Corral the one 3rd rounder every 10 years that is a quality starter.

I've got to disagree with you on Corral's situation under Rhule.  Your mistake is believing Rhule understood/accepted his own situation and could make legitimate NFL player evaluations.  I can't think of any examples supporting either.  In fact, as was discussed in numerous threads at the time, Rhule treated Corral as a freshman to be red shirted.  We are not talking about Reid, Hoodie, McVay, or any other even halfway decent NFL coach here.  This whole mess was being orchestrated and judged by a guy who was a chronic college coach trying to run an NFL team.

Now add (and pretty consistent with that) Rhule's loyalty/attachment to Walker was beyond any justification.  It is as if they share DNA or Walker has 8 x 10 glossies on Rhule.  When Corral was drafted, he was competition for Walker. Corral may have still had some shot of seeing reps and a roster spot had we carried three QBs, as #3 on the Rhule chart.  It would have taken an order from above for Corral to be ahead of Walker unless he looked like Dan Marino (or Joe, the way this thread has gone) on day one. 

When we acquired Mayfield and did not lose Darnold, Corral and Walker were suddenly "competing" for slot #3 on the QB depth chart.  There was no way Rhule was parting company with Walker, so the "competition" was the equivalent of a WWE match.  With that, Corral's chances at anything other than the practice squad went out the window. 

Let's not pretend anything Rhule did with the QB position makes any sense from an NFL perspective.  That gets even worse when Walker is involved.

I'm not saying Corral is going to become our savior.  I'm not even saying he will stick as a backup beyond the short term.  But, to act like we have seen him in under any circumstance where a credible judgement about him can be made is ignoring what a circus this past training camp and preseason was, especially but not limited to the QB position.  It was a circus being run by a clown.

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, stbugs said:

If Corral was anywhere close to Dak or Wilson, he would have gotten the reps. Rhule needed to save his job and if Corral looked like Dak or Wilson, he would have started him. A rookie having flashes but making some rookie mistakes would have kept Rhule around.

I already said what I think but you haven’t given me any examples for Corral. He’s not Dak or Wilson who were ready to start day 1. What’s your analysis that I should listen aside from Rhule sucked ass? That doesn’t magically make Corral the one 3rd rounder every 10 years that is a quality starter.

There aren't any examples because he didn't get any kind of genuine opportunity. It's not difficult to understand.  There is essentially nothing to judge Corral by in regards to his potential professional proficiency based upon Rhule's ignorance and stupidit. Furthermore, most QBs don't look like legit starters on day one, regardless of the round they were drafted in, if they were drafted at all. Once Corral gets a legitimate shot, then he can legitimately be judged.

Edited by top dawg

11 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I've got to disagree with you on Corral's situation under Rhule.  Your mistake is believing Rhule understood/accepted his own situation and could make legitimate NFL player evaluations.  I can't think of any examples supporting either.  In fact, as was discussed in numerous threads at the time, Rhule treated Corral as a freshman to be red shirted.  We are not talking about Reid, Hoodie, McVay, or any other even halfway decent NFL coach here.  This whole mess was being orchestrated and judged by a guy who was a chronic college coach trying to run an NFL team.

Now add (and pretty consistent with that) Rhule's loyalty/attachment to Walker was beyond any justification.  It is as if they share DNA or Walker has 8 x 10 glossies on Rhule.  When Corral was drafted, he was competition for Walker. Corral may have still had some shot of seeing reps and a roster spot had we carried three QBs, as #3 on the Rhule chart.  It would have taken an order from above for Corral to be ahead of Walker unless he looked like Dan Marino (or Joe, the way this thread has gone) on day one. 

When we acquired Mayfield and did not lose Darnold, Corral and Walker were suddenly "competing" for slot #3 on the QB depth chart.  There was no way Rhule was parting company with Walker, so the "competition" was the equivalent of a WWE match.  With that, Corral's chances at anything other than the practice squad went out the window. 

Let's not pretend anything Rhule did with the QB position makes any sense from an NFL perspective.  That gets even worse when Walker is involved.

I'm not saying Corral is going to become our savior.  I'm not even saying he will stick as a backup beyond the short term.  But, to act like we have seen him in under any circumstance where a credible judgement about him can be made is ignoring what a circus this past training camp and preseason was, especially but not limited to the QB position.  It was a circus being run by a clown.

Yeah, we will get a lot more of an idea about Corral IF we get a competent OC and a QB coach capable of developing him well. If those things happen, you should be able to tell after 2023 what his future is here because of how he is being treated as a prospect by the staff and FO. Not how he will turn out but at least we should have obvious indicators on what we think of him.

That is next to impossible at the moment because of the Rhule/McAdoo situation.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

There aren't any examples because he didn't get any kind of genuine opportunity. It's not difficult to understand.  There is essentially nothing to judge Corral by in regards to his potential professional proficiency based upon Rhule's ignorance and stupidit. Furthermore, most QBs don't look like legit starters on day one, regardless of the round they were drafted in, if they were drafted at all. Once Corral gets a legitimate shot, then he can legitimately be judged.

That's fair but you are still having this discussion in the post-2023 season, I think we can surmise that he isn't getting the opportunities because he doesn't deserve them.

It's very difficult to say that happened because Rhule was such a wild idiot. And because McAdoo's ability to adjust anything he does to make things easier on the QB is a laughable concept. After watching three QB's here under him, it's obvious he literally has very little capability to adjust his offenses to his personnel strengths.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

That's fair but you are still having this discussion in the post-2023 season, I think we can surmise that he isn't getting the opportunities because he doesn't deserve them.

It's very difficult to say that happened because Rhule was such a wild idiot. And because McAdoo's ability to adjust anything he does to make things easier on the QB is a laughable concept. After watching three QB's here under him, it's obvious he literally has very little capability to adjust his offenses to his personnel strengths.

I'll have to accept it, but with one pretty significant caveat, and that's the fact that Corral is recovering from an injury. That could mean that he won't be a viable option until 2024.

Maybe the injury could take his ability to perform at a high level at all. In that case, that also turns into a case of just not having the ability, which I guess means Corral doesn't "deserve" it.

4 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

I really gotta love how people here can judge someone off of one season of play. How many HOFers had horrible rookie seasons? I’ll go with a heck of a lot. 

They showed some strong flashes along the way though. They didn't go out there and just flat out look like they don't belong from a physical traits perspective.

I hate to say it, but Corral looked like a small school UDFA doesn't have a prayer to make the roster type guy out there.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They showed some strong flashes along the way though. They didn't go out there and just flat out look like they don't belong from a physical traits perspective.

I hate to say it, but Corral looked like a small school UDFA doesn't have a prayer to make the roster type guy out there.

Given the situation, how was he supposed to look? You and others are totally disregarding the context of the situation. That's all I can tell you.

42 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I'll have to accept it, but with one pretty significant caveat, and that's the fact that Corral is recovering from an injury. That could mean that he won't be a viable option until 2024.

Maybe the injury could take his ability to perform at a high level at all. In that case, that also turns into a case of just not having the ability, which I guess means Corral doesn't "deserve" it.

If you aren't a viable option to play by your third year in the NFL, the odds are it just isn't going to work out for you. And that's fine for a guy like Will Grier that you stash as a third stringer until you release him. That's basically the way I look at Corral, he is about the same level of project. If he doesn't show progression(and significant) in 2023, it usually is what it is.

Keep in mind that we aren't in film study, workouts, practices, etc. I am sure most on the inside can probably tell much more quickly than we can what the issue with some players are. And some just don't get a fair shake for a variety of reasons.

I just know that as QB desperate as we are(worst QB room in the NFL for more than two seasons), if he isn't seeing the field in 2023, that is pretty bad.

20 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Given the situation, how was he supposed to look? You and others are totally disregarding the context of the situation. That's all I can tell you.

Like he belonged from a physical traits standpoint. What did you see that you found to hang your hat on? What did he show that made you thing, "Yeah, that's something to work with."

48 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Like he belonged from a physical traits standpoint. What did you see that you found to hang your hat on? What did he show that made you thing, "Yeah, that's something to work with."

Corral isn't some nonathletic toothpick as you've always tried to make him. 

There's only so many ways that I can say that the kid didn't have a chance.

He has traits, that's the only reason he's in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Corral isn't some nonathletic toothpick as you've always tried to make him. 

There's only so many ways that I can say that the kid didn't have a chance.

He has traits, that's the only reason he's in the NFL.

So what was it that you saw? Because I saw a guy who looked like he didn't belong on an NFL field from a physical traits perspective. What plays did I miss? Where did he show those flashes?

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So what was it that you saw? Because I saw a guy who looked like he didn't belong on an NFL field from a physical traits perspective. What plays did I miss? Where did he show those flashes?

How can you show flashes if your line is getting run over? Moreover, stop acting like he even played a full preseason game. The offensive effort from the line to Corral to the receivers was super disjointed as was the coaching. Corral didn't have a serious chance. For all intents and purposes, he didnt get an opportunity to "flash." If you can't understand that, I don't know what else to tell you. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

How can you show flashes if your line is getting run over? Moreover, stop acting like he even played a full preseason game. The offensive effort from the line to Corral to the receivers was super disjointed as was the coaching. Corral didn't have a serious chance. For all intents and purposes, he didnt get an opportunity to "flash." If you can't understand that, I don't know what else to tell you. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

It would've been easier to simply type "nothing". 😂