• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer Burned us, but he can fix it.

top dawg

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He has multiple blunders, lets be honest here.   But if you are in the camp that Rhule held all the power then he better have reciepts that he was against those moves.  Anyone that has worked in the corporate world and on big projects/acquisitions know you have to document your work and if something is going the way you dont like you have to make notes on it.  Its CYA at its basic form.  So I suspect tepper knows what moves are what.  And its the reason that even to this day that the panther beat guys still dont know if fitts job is safe

I am of the camp that it's completely impossible to determine what percentage of these moves he was responsible for or what percentage input he had. I know that contractually he was Rhule’s assistant GM.

I have a healthy dose of skepticism about Fitterer but from Oct. 11 onward all moves are 100% his. He doesn't have a GM boss, he is now the GM. So no Rhule to hide behind or share credit with. He is the man.

So I say let him have this offseason to see what it looks like. There is ample time to break out the pitchforks and torches.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

12 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Along with Tepper, Wilks may have had substantial input into the decision not to do the Burns trade.  If anything, I think the incentive would have been for a GM to take that trade, since it was so generous.  JMO

so why trade cmac then?   Trading cmac and then getting an even better offer for Burns and not doing it makes no fuging sense at all.  are you trying to win, not trying to win, rebuilding not rebuilding?  Make up your mind and have a fuging plan.  Without a qb this franchise isnt winning poo and adding 2 firsts to our reserviour  could go a long way in acquiring one

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 3

3 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Along with Tepper, Wilks may have had substantial input into the decision not to do the Burns trade.  If anything, I think the incentive would have been for a GM to take that trade, since it was so generous.  JMO

We will never know what the full story is but Fitterer was the GM when that didn't happen so the blame is his. He isn't an assistant GM anymore.

If it's Tepper actively meddling then what does it matter if we fired Fitterer or not? If it's Wilks having enough input to overrule the GM, then the FO is so broken there is no hope of fixing it.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

We will never know what the full story is but Fitterer was the GM when that didn't happen so the blame is his. He isn't an assistant GM anymore.

If it's Tepper actively meddling then what does it matter if we fired Fitterer or not? If it's Wilks having enough input to overrule the GM, then the FO is so broken there is no hope of fixing it.

Ive said from the jump fitt was a fuging moron for taking this job and not have total control.  I mean whats the point?

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Ive said from the jump fitt was a fuging moron for taking this job and not have total control.  I mean whats the point?

Yeah, I wouldn't personally do it but we will never know what his plan is/was.

It is a strike against him that Rhule and Tepper selected him.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Who was the last te that was worthy of a first round pick?  The greatest te prospect of our generation was Pitts and look at him now.   And every year people just say "trade back, trade back" but there has to be someone willing to move up in more cases then not for a qb and if thats the case why would we move seeing how we desperately need a qb?   We are simply not in a position as a franchise to trade back.   Its imperative we get a qb

Pitts is this 100%, and OJ Howard, and David Njoku, maybe others. People kept then trying to find Antonio Gates and Greg Olsen and Jason Witten, and now Kelce and maybe Andrews and Ertz--the only TEs that really held their place in offenses recently. Too many others end up like Jimmy Graham.

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I’d like a new GM for the simple reason I think front offices should be married.   Forced to have the same goals and timelines.  When they aren’t, the org always has a scapegoat for when things are bad.  Coach or GM.   The alternation cycle just does what it does and we have seen that over and over. 

I agree, but only when they basically get married at the same time. Fitterer came into an arranged marriage after Rhule and Hurney's forced marriage, and he came in there with his male parts under lock and key. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, BrisbanePanther said:

Pitts is this 100%, and OJ Howard, and David Njoku, maybe others. People kept then trying to find Antonio Gates and Greg Olsen and Jason Witten, and now Kelce and maybe Andrews and Ertz--the only TEs that really held their place in offenses recently. Too many others end up like Jimmy Graham.

Tight ends are the absolute last piece of the roster puzzle.   Rarely tes, especially those picked in the first, are ever guys that completely change your offense.  We have so many more needs then a first round te

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

How you figure?

Because it has been shown a 'game manager' QB is sufficient with the right coaching staff and essentially "complete" roster.  This is not what I want forever, but at least for next year.  Fix the rest of the roster, allow the rookie staff to get their feet wet and let them get a rookie QB in the '24 draft.  If you still don't get what I'm saying, I'll throw out an analogy in a subsequent post.

• Beer 1

Fitt has brought nothing but value to the team and has not burned us lol. Like I said before, it was never his job to coach. He is the best GM we`ve had. You guys bitch when the GM does nothing and stays the status quo, but then bitch when he does do something and actually brings us value. That is what a GM is supposed to do. Give the team as much value as he can. He`s pulled off moves Hurney could only dream of. Some of you guys are just asinine.