• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pacioretty Wants To Remain In Carolina

MillionDollarCam

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Found this article from Finland where Pacioretty had his latest ACL surgery. His previous surgery on his ACL tear was done in Raleigh, which as you know he re-injured only 5 months after that first surgery. This time it’s a more reasonable 8-9 months minimum if he is able to return to hockey.

https://www-is-fi.translate.goog/nhl/art-2000009353145.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=fr&_x_tr_pto=wapp

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, DavidEng said:

Found this article from Finland where Pacioretty had his latest ACL surgery. His previous surgery on his ACL tear was done in Raleigh, which as you know he re-injured only 5 months after that first surgery. This time it’s a more reasonable 8-9 months minimum if he is able to return to hockey.

https://www-is-fi.translate.goog/nhl/art-2000009353145.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=fr&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Achilles. Not acl. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

On 2/20/2023 at 3:59 PM, MillionDollarCam said:

During Dundon’s radio show, he stated that the Canes anticipate bringing Patches back next year. I imagine they’ll sign him to some 1 year / $2.5M deal that has bonuses if certain performance metrics are met.

He'll surely be back next season.

With Fast, Staal, Statsny and Stepan all UFAs at the end of the year, I don't see how they don't keep him.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

He'll surely be back next season.

With Fast, Staal, Statsny and Stepan all UFAs at the end of the year, I don't see how they don't keep him.

Fast, is the first resign in my book. Followed closely by Staal. I’d like to keep Ghost, he and Chatfield make a good third pair. After that Max. Then we got to do at least one goalie… ugh. 

Though I did hear somewhere a rumor that the cap is getting a decent bump this offseason. 

53 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Fast, is the first resign in my book. Followed closely by Staal. I’d like to keep Ghost, he and Chatfield make a good third pair. After that Max. Then we got to do at least one goalie… ugh. 

Though I did hear somewhere a rumor that the cap is getting a decent bump this offseason. 

I actually don’t think Fast will be back.

I think next years lineup will be something like.

Forwards

Pacioretty - Aho - Jarvis

Svechnikov - Kotkaniemi - Necas

Teravainen - Staal - Puljujarvi

Martinook - Drury - Noesen

Rees

Defensemen

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

Gostisbehere - Chatfield

Goalies

???

Kochetkov

With Svech likely to miss the first bit of the season, I could see us maybe going after someone like Bertuzzi as well.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I actually don’t think Fast will be back.

I think next years lineup will be something like.

Forwards

Pacioretty - Aho - Jarvis

Svechnikov - Kotkaniemi - Necas

Teravainen - Staal - Puljujarvi

Martinook - Drury - Noesen

Rees

Defensemen

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

Gostisbehere - Chatfield

Goalies

???

Kochetkov

With Svech likely to miss the first bit of the season, I could see us maybe going after someone like Bertuzzi as well.

I’d disagree. We might have to throw in another few million but that will be covered by the cap raise. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I’d disagree. We might have to throw in another few million but that will be covered by the cap raise. 

For me, it’s more about his age. I think RBA wants that grinder line to get younger.

I’m guessing Fast will want a three year deal to take him to 34/35 years old, I don’t see the Canes doing that.

• Pie 1