• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold’s Market Value per Spotrac

ECHornet

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

What, in your opinion, is a good backup QB? Like statistically, and quality-wise? What physical makeup is appropriate, and what experience level?

There are different types of QB's this isn't a simple answer. Are you looking for a QB with mobility or are you looking for a pure pocket passer? We actually had an okay backup in Teddy but we way overpaid him and ever since we jettisoned him we have been limited to arguing over the likes of Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold. I'm of the opinion that we let the new coach and staff identify their own veteran and rookie they may be targeting in the draft. Clean slate. Like I said in the other thread. Not complicated.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

There are different types of QB's this isn't a simple answer. Are you looking for a QB with mobility or are you looking for a pure pocket passer? We actually had an okay backup in Teddy but we way overpaid him and ever since we jettisoned him we have been limited to arguing over the likes of Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold. I'm of the opinion that we let the new coach and staff identify their own veteran and rookie they may be targeting in the draft. Clean slate. Like I said in the other thread. Not complicated.

But I'm asking you. You've enumerated what makes backup QBs bad. What makes them good?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Just as I suspected. You can't answer it.

Yea, he's just vomiting at the mouth and refuses to put together anything of substance. 

My perfect backup QB is like a Jordan Love situation. Young QB with potential locked in for 4 years. Gives you the flexibility to trade them if beneficial and the hope they can develop into something. Of course, you need an established franchise QB to make it work over their developmental span.

Darnold is close to an ideal backup as well. Seems to be a good teammate and capable of lower end starter production. Cheap also.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, ECHornet said:

Yea, he's just vomiting at the mouth and refuses to put together anything of substance. 

My perfect backup QB is like a Jordan Love situation. Young QB with potential locked in for 4 years. Gives you the flexibility to trade them if beneficial and the hope they can develop into something. Of course, you need an established franchise QB to make it work over their developmental span.

Darnold is close to an ideal backup as well. Seems to be a good teammate and capable of lower end starter production. Cheap also.

Far easier to tear down than to engage.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Just as I suspected. You can't answer it.

All you want me to say is we just need a game manager but there are other options for that. Who here wouldn't like to draft a Brock Purdy in a late round and have him out there throwing darts. But how likely is that? For years people have been talking about Sam's arm talent but the end our season we lost to Tom Brady who is old enough to be a grandpa and we barely squeaked by Dalton and a Saints team who clearly couldn't be bothered to give a fug about winning.

Just now, frankw said:

All you want me to say is we just need a game manager but there are other options for that. Who here wouldn't like to draft a Brock Purdy in a late round and have him out there throwing darts. But how likely is that? For years people have been talking about Sam's arm talent but the end our season we lost to Tom Brady who is old enough to be a grandpa and we barely squeaked by Dalton and a Saints team who clearly couldn't be bothered to give a fug about winning.

Well it's pretty unlikely, because in addition to arm talent and good scheme, Brock Purdy has a ton of offensive weapons to work with, like, oh, I don't know. I'm sure you remember his name. You've used up a lot of your insults lately, though. Got anything new?

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Well it's pretty unlikely, because in addition to arm talent and good scheme, Brock Purdy has a ton of offensive weapons to work with, like, oh, I don't know. I'm sure you remember his name. You've used up a lot of your insults lately, though. Got anything new?

Did you get his jersey? 🤪