• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance?

tukafan21

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If a rookie steps in for your injured starter and doesn’t lose then you probably roll with him next year as well. Lance is on IR and Purdy hasn’t lost. What can Lance possibly do to stop Purdy from being the guy going forward. Purdy is the more pro ready young QB so he fits perfectly where they are as a team (win now mode). 
I do understand being skeptical, which is why I’m saying a 2nd or 3rd for him. 

There's no way in hell I'd give up a pick that high for a guy that unproven.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

So you don't want to draft a QB in rounds 1 or 2?

A college guy is different than a guy who's been in the NFL for two years, barely seen the light of day and been (hypothetically) shipped out in favor of a seventh round rookie.

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

We game up a 3rd for Henderson, multiple early picks for Darnold and both of them had a much larger body of work to show they were likely busts....like LEGIT busts.

Under Rhule.

I'm not up for continuing his practices.

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

So you don't want to draft a QB in rounds 1 or 2?

Outside of Hooker who's coming off an ACL injury, there's not a QB worth taking in round 2 in this year's draft. Heck, The top four guys in round 1 all have question marks for me. 

*Yes, AR-15 will be taken in round one because top of the board QBs are ALWAYS over-drafted.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

A college guy is different than a guy who's been in the NFL for two years, barely seen the light of day and been (hypothetically) shipped out in favor of a seventh round rookie.

Under Rhule.

What was Fitt doing? Hiding in the closet, peeking through the door at Rhule handling his business. Who gave him the 19M so they could “treat him like a rookie”?

Edited by Toomers

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Under Rhule.

Yep, and the QB that took them to the SB a few years ago and came up just short is getting kicked to the curb too.  You are omitting Jimmy G as some afterthought.  Dude is 31-years old.  While injury prone, he's hardly washed.  Yet, the 49ers are still going to move on from him as well---for a seventh round rookie.

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Outside of Hooker who's coming off an ACL injury, there's not a QB worth taking in round 2 in this year's draft. Heck, The top four guys in round 1 all have question marks for me. 

*Yes, AR-15 will be taken in round one because top of the board QBs are ALWAYS over-drafted.

I kind of like AR, especially if we get the right OC, but to me Lance could be a very similar prospect for a fraction of the draft cost.  If we could get AR in the 2nd I would be very happy, but as you stated he will get over drafted because he is a QB.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Under Rhule.

If he 7th round rookie is undefeated then that completely changes the scenario.  Sometimes you can find your QB by dumb luck.  Not playing due to IR is completely different that not playing due to performance.  Like I stated the Niners went into the season with Lance and their guy, he went to IR then Jimmy G came back, he went to IR and they were what a 500 team??  Enter this "7th round rookie" and they haven't lost a game yet....

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Toomers said:

What was Fitt doing? Hiding in the closet, peeking through the door at Rhule handling his business. Who gave him the 19M so they could “treat him like a rookie”?

It's been confirmed by multiple sources that all of the quarterback decisions were basically Matt Rhule.

He had full control, so that was his prerogative.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If he 7th round rookie is undefeated then that completely changes the scenario.  Sometimes you can find your QB by dumb luck.  Not playing due to IR is completely different that not playing due to performance.  Like I stated the Niners went into the season with Lance and their guy, he went to IR then Jimmy G came back, he went to IR and they were what a 500 team??  Enter this "7th round rookie" and they haven't lost a game yet....

I'm not a fan of Garoppolo, but both he and Purdy at least proved that they could run the Shanahan system.

Can we really say that of Lance?

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It should make anyone think.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

It's been confirmed by multiple sources that all of the quarterback decisions were basically Matt Rhule.

He had full control, so that was his prerogative.

What about that round table where they decided to give Sam his 5th year option? Was Rhule even there? It was confirmed that Bridgewater was a Hurney issue by reliable sources but we have seen that was never true. What does the cap guru do? Why were either hired? 

Let’s make this easy. Please list all the moves that Fitt was responsible for since he got here. Or is the organization rolling with a GM with no experience running a team beyond an interim basis?