• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance?

tukafan21

44 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Who should we draft at 9?

Depends on who's there, and how you graded him. 

As for me, I think you have to go BPA, but with one caveat if you're in QB purgatory like we seem to be in: if it's close, I'd likely go with the QB, even if that's not my usual modus operandi. But, it would have to be close.

As for this draft specifically, outside of the top 3, I just can't see us drafting a QB at nine. 

21 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Depends on who's there, and how you graded him. 

As for me, I think you have to go BPA, but with one caveat if you're in QB purgatory like we seem to be in: if it's close, I'd likely go with the QB, even if that's not my usual modus operandi. But, it would have to be close.

As for this draft specifically, outside of the top 3, I just can't see us drafting a QB at nine. 

I think we take AR or trade up for Stroud if he drops to around 3-5ish. That’s of course assuming Stroud declares.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I think we take AR or trade up for Stroud if he drops to around 3-5ish. That’s of course assuming Stroud declares.

I don't believe that we will draft Anthony Richardson at nine. His development will take way too much time to spend that type of draft compensation, and as such I just can't see any sensible GM drafting him in the top 10 (or top 20, really).

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I don't believe that we will draft Anthony Richardson at nine. His development will take way too much time to spend that type of draft compensation, and as such I just can't see any sensible GM drafting him in the top 10 (or top 20, really).

If we hire Johnson I would bet anything we take ar at 9 if we don’t trade up.  The timeline matches perfect.  

• Pie 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

If we hire Johnson I would bet anything we take ar at 9 if we don’t trade up.  The timeline matches perfect.  

We'll see. I think Johnson is as good as ours. I don't believe we'll spend that type of compensation on AR though. He's way too raw.

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Nate Sudfeld is Detroit’s backup and is a FA this offseason. I wouldn’t be surprised if we sign him for cheap abs draft one at 9.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Nate Sudfeld is Detroit’s backup and is a FA this offseason. I wouldn’t be surprised if we sign him for cheap abs draft one at 9.

If we're talking about backup / bridge QB types, would anybody be hugely surprised if Johnson decided to give Darnold a shot?

9 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Sudfeld knows his offense and would be much cheaper. It just depends on how confident Johnson is in him. Darnold was a Rhule reclamation project. Looking decent in Wilk’s power running offense doesn’t really prove much unless Johnson is wanting to run something similar. New coaches like to bring in some of their own guys.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If we're talking about backup / bridge QB types, would anybody be hugely surprised if Johnson decided to give Darnold a shot?

I wouldn’t be surprised either way. Johnson has no ties to Sam and Sudfeld would know his offense/how he wants to run things more than any QB not named Goff. Plus he will be pretty cheap…