• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roman Harper thinks Sean Payton could be our next HC now

ncfan

I don't get the Tepper hate in this particular instance. Sure he's made plenty of blunders over the last 5 years, but he seems to be doing his best to get this hire right.

I know a lot of you aren't on board with hiring Sean Payton for various reasons but looking at it from Tepper's POV he's the most qualified coach available with the best resume. I get not wanting to give up draft picks for him but it's not like Tepper is considering some nobody here.

I mean it could be a LOT worse; he could be considering Jeff Saturday or Josh McCown.

• Pie 2

Just now, cookinwithgas said:

We know. Lord. Do you really think that sort of thing was exclusive to the Saints? I'm pretty sure many teams had similar things going on, especially the farther back you go.

I'm not excusing it, but I can assure you he wouldn't bring a bounty program with him to Charlotte.

Personally I still prefer Shane Steichen, but I'd much rather have Sean Payton than Frank Reich or Steve Wilks, even if it means giving up a couple of draft picks.

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

It does sort of seem that Tepper is the mark of owners, just a source of "haha look what this idiot tried"

Well at least we didn't fully guarantee Deshaun Watson a quarter billion dollars, or trade the farm for a declining Russell Wilson, and then tie ourselves to him for the next 7 years, for another almost quarter billion dollars.