• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Trade Thread

Panthers Fan 69

31 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Starting to think we stay put, just to costly to pick Meier up. I really don’t want to part with our current lineup.

There's $12M in free money sitting there. If no trade is going to happen, DW would use the money to start extending contracts of upcoming free agents.

Players are going to get moved, it's just a matter of when.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The longer this goes on the better for the Canes.

New Jersey has the better prospects to offer but they don’t seem keen on letting any of them go and they also need San Jose to retain a bunch or take back a contract.

I'm curious whether Burns has made a phone call yet.

Kane does not have Carolina on his list of NMTC teams, and I don't think he's on Waddel's wish list regardless.

NY is the hurdle in the Metro division the Canes cannot seem to get over, and they've gotten better this week.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I'm curious whether Burns has made a phone call yet.

Kane does not have Carolina on his list of NMTC teams, and I don't think he's on Waddel's wish list regardless.

NY is the hurdle in the Metro division the Canes cannot seem to get over, and they've gotten better this week.

Another thing to mention is Warsofsky is the assistant coach for San Jose and he was our AHL coach last year. If anyone knows our prospects, it’s him.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Stumpy said:

Saw a tweet that Meier is not gonna play tomorrow.

Pure speculation, but something could be brewing...

2 hours ago, panthers81 said:

I thought I saw it was an upper body injury. 

Yeah, he's listed day-to-day because of a hand injury, at least that's what I read somewhere yesterday.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

“Day to day” when on the trade block is front office speak for you’re about to get moved bro. 

No, it's a legit injury.

When teams hold players out while trade talks are pending, they announce it as such, much like the Motte trade to the Rangers and the O'Reilly trade to the Leafs. Both were held out of games and teams announced it was because of possible trade talks.

Calling it an injury only hurts the trade value of the player.

• Pie 3

From Dundon’s radio interview today, the Canes are trying to make a move but in his words there isn’t a whole lot out there that makes us better.

With that said, if we don’t land Meier, I wouldn’t be shocked to see us bring in depth winger and a third pairing left handed defenseman and then call it a day.

Additionally, there’s a rumor on a Devils message board that San Jose asked for Dawson Mercer from New Jersey, that would be akin to San Jose asking for Jarvis from us. Additionally, there is report going around that New Jersey will only make a deal with an extension in place as where Carolina is flexible. From what’s being reported, Carolina has Jarvis and Nikishin as untouchables, that could mean Morrow is available for the right piece.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1