• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Trade Thread

Panthers Fan 69

41 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

I’m not sure but I hope that gets it done. The more I think about it, Meier is exactly what we need in the playoffs. We are essentially adding another Svech to the lineup. I’m going to be disappointed if NJD wins the arms race. 

But at what cost… was really hoping I could find a gif for that. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

But at what cost… was really hoping I could find a gif for that. 

I’d rather give up Ponomarev than Morrow but I also realize as much as Dundon doesn’t want our window to close, it will. One Cup would be worth it for me. Meier moves the needle. Suzuki who I had written off is suddenly healthy and looking like the player we thought he could be. He has pedigree. Drury has lost some of his luster and so has Morrow imo. Nikishin is the only prospect I’m vehemently against moving. 

I think a package of Drury, Morrow, 1st is a pretty good offer, but probably not enough. 

I’m also just not worried about a rebuild. I don’t think we will have to endure another decade like we did before Dundon took ownership.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

I’d rather give up Ponomarev than Morrow but I also realize as much as Dundon doesn’t want our window to close, it will. One Cup would be worth it for me. Meier moves the needle. Suzuki who I had written off is suddenly healthy and looking like the player we thought he could be. He has pedigree. Drury has lost some of his luster and so has Morrow imo. Nikishin is the only prospect I’m vehemently against moving. 

I think a package of Drury, Morrow, 1st is a pretty good offer, but probably not enough. 

I’m also just not worried about a rebuild. I don’t think we will have to endure another decade like we did before Dundon took ownership.

Yes don’t move Nikishin please, he’s my only untouchable.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Ponomarev and Niki are my untouchables. Drury, Morrow, Suzuki. I’m all good with. We need to cultivate our “2nd Gen” prospects. Most of our current 1st Gens probably won’t ever get a spot here in the next 2 years, they are our commodity at this point. Pono and Niki we need to cultivate. 

• Pie 1

I guess the Canes didn't value Nino enough for ~$5ish million dollars through the end of next year and a 2nd round pick.  Surprising, know they had talked to the Preds.

I don't think there's any interest in Duchenne, salary retained or not.

I am not convinced we are out on Timo, but Waddles needs to understand that to get you have to give.  Yes, you are in a "bidding" war with NJ, you think the whole salary cap thing puts you in a position of strength, you don't want to pay too much BUT you have to play ball.  Give them the 1st (2023), 2nd (2024), Drury and Morrow.  If it takes giving them the 2023 2nd do it. 

If the Timo thing doesn't fall our way Adam Henrique and Schmaltz are in play.  I know underwhelming.

• Beer 1

LeBrun reporting that the Canes are officially out on Meier as of this morning.

Two things can be true.

Maybe are offer wasn’t the best (or maybe it was)…

OR

Maybe the Grier brothers (one works for San Jose and one works for New Jersey) prefer to do business with each other. There’s a lot of personal connections between those two organizations and Meier also has some very close friends and countrymen on the Devils as well.

This could simply be a situation where Meier was not interested in Carolina.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 2