• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Natalie Miller's mock draft 1.0

Verge

10 hours ago, Bostonheelfish said:

Doesn’t matter. We have a problem at no. 2 corner and it needs to be fixed now. We can’t assume Donte will be fully healed, and while I like Henderson and think he’s improving, with a frequently injured Jayce Horn, Henderson at CB 1 and our current back ups won’t cut it in the playoffs. We can’t John Fox scheme our way out with mediocre CB talent in this day and age. Team with the best CBs are going to be in it at the end. Most sacks are now coverage sacks. Go get the coverage. 

We can easily find a number 2 CB in the second round or later.

On 2/20/2023 at 10:42 AM, Bostonheelfish said:

Doesn’t matter. We have a problem at no. 2 corner and it needs to be fixed now. We can’t assume Donte will be fully healed, and while I like Henderson and think he’s improving, with a frequently injured Jayce Horn, Henderson at CB 1 and our current back ups won’t cut it in the playoffs. We can’t John Fox scheme our way out with mediocre CB talent in this day and age. Team with the best CBs are going to be in it at the end. Most sacks are now coverage sacks. Go get the coverage. 

We don’t have any problems at CB except injury.  We are paying Donte good money and he is fine.  We have plenty of stock in CB already.  This is a silly argument when the offense clearly must improve this offseason.

On 2/21/2023 at 11:08 AM, Bostonheelfish said:

Yes, but Gonzales and Porter are on a different level. We’d have two CB 1s.

Neither player is as good as the guys on the roster.  Stop trying to be clever.  

Witherspoon is a great talent but we need offensive players right now.  

Edited by Shocker

12 hours ago, Shocker said:

Neither player is as good as the guys on the roster.  Stop trying to be clever.  

Witherspoon is a great talent but we need offensive players right now.  

I’m not trying to be clever. I’m a loser who does mock draft simulations 30 times a day, and if we stay at 9 and Tyree Wilson is gone along with a QB we like, the best talent available id Gonzales, Porter Jr. and OTs, and while I’m not against drafting Broderick Jones and sticking him at guard and letting him be our swing tackle, I think the smart move is to strengthen your defense in the years to come with shut down cornerbacks. Our new D-coordinator has said that most sacks now are coverage sacks. Get the coverage and the sacks will come.

On 1/21/2023 at 9:47 AM, Verge said:

CB, and not even the best one. Eek. 

• 2 weeks later...