• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is starting to get nasty with coach wilks.

ncguy2184

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Do you really wanna try and sell the theory that everybody had agreed on Frank Reich even before Ben Johnson backed out of the running?

Scott Fitterer, who supported Wilks?

Dan Morgan, who was well acquainted with Ken Dorsey?

And David Tepper, who reportedly was high on Ben Johnson and didn't know Frank Reich from Adam?

If you can't see just how ridiculously dumb this whole theory sounds, I can't help you.

You think the "truth' is coming out in the next couple of weeks? From where?

If your answer is via sports talk radio and social media, I've got some bad news for ya.

If your answer is from Steve Wilks' attorneys, I've got some even worse news.

This is just another stupid conspiracy theory that some people are gonna believe regardless of the facts. There's not gonna be some bombshell report where everybody blows the lid off what really happened because what really happened is likely already known, and not the least bit exciting or conspiratorial.

The team chose Reich over Wilks after giving Wilks a fair shot and looking over numerous options.

That's it. The shadow conspiracy talk is just silly.

Let it go.

Owners and GMs are naturally conspiratorial.  Everything they do is tight to the vest because of strategical advantage.  

I will be happy to listen to what the Panthers say about all this at the PC. If the address it then great. If they dodge it...then fug em.

4 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Up front with Wilks? And say what? We already know who we want but due to NFL rules we need to interview a minority. Say that to a dude already suing a team? Yea sounds real smart. 

The NFL needs to get rid of the dumb rule it causes more harm than good, and they also need to take the blame/lawsuits for the idiocy, not teams conducting meaningless interviews just because they’re required. 

The funny thing is I bet you all I own Tepper may of knew who he wanted but had no clue it would turn into this dumb poo fest because it truly wasn’t based on malice or racism, and he was caught off guard.

The man who hired his wife. Had/has the first transgender cheerleader. Who had Reid on the team. That’s the laughable bullshit world we live in today. People are fuging dumb. 

And this is coming from probably the most vocal Tepper hater on this board. If this gave me more ammo, I’d be all about it. But there simply isn’t anything here.

You haven't read one thing I've said. I have repeatedly said this isn't about race.

2 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Owners and GMs are naturally conspiratorial.  Everything they do is tight to the vest because of strategical advantage.  

I will be happy to listen to what the Panthers say about all this at the PC. If the address it then great. If they dodge it...then fug em.

Owners and GMs have a pretty broad variety of personalities. The idea that they're all villains from a Saturday morning cartoon is pretty silly.

I'd add that if the Panthers "say nothing" it's probably because there's nothing to say. To assume it's because they're hiding something is pure tinfoil hat.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Which, by all accounts, was Ben Johnson...until he backed out.

Even so the point remains he can’t just hire him. He has to interview other people, and legally, a minority.

And yet people get mad that these interviews are not sincere. Get mad at an owner for already knowing who he wants. It doesn’t make sense. That’s the rule. Be mad at that.

People would still be mad unless he hired a minority, then none of this would be a story.

4 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

You haven't read one thing I've said. I have repeatedly said this isn't about race.

That’s the premise though. That’s the problem that’s being perpetuated. You cannot tell a person you already know you are going to hire and it isn’t them but you need to interview them anyways as you suggested. That is illegal even outside the NFL. And being of another race too? poo. Wilks’ lawyers would have a field day with that.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Owners and GMs have a pretty broad variety of personalities. The idea that they're all villains from a Saturday morning cartoon is pretty silly.

I'd add that if the Panthers "say nothing" it's probably because there's nothing to say. To assume it's because they're hiding something is pure tinfoil hat.

What are you doing?  Why do you take what I say and make it something extreme?  Did I say all owners were villains?

I dont think our owner is a villain, but I don't think he is a good guy either. Ask Rock Hill. Ask people who bought property in Eastland Mall area. Ask Steve Wilks.

Saying that owners communicate through back channels is nothing conspiratorial. It's widely known.

2 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Even so the point remains he can’t just hire him. He has to interview other people, and legally, a minority.

And yet people get mad that these interviews are not sincere. Get mad at an owner for already knowing who he wants. It doesn’t make sense. That’s the rule. Be mad at that.

People would still be mad unless he hired a minority, then none of this would be a story.

That’s the premise though. That’s the problem that’s being perpetuated. You cannot tell a person you already know you are going to hire and it isn’t them but you need to interview them anyways as you suggested. That is illegal even outside the NFL. And being of another race too? poo. Wilks’ lawyers would have a field day with that.

This rule applies to external candidates. Not mad at the owner for knowing who he wants. I'm upset that they made it seem like Wilks was in contention the whole time but he wasn't even the second choice.  

Sorry I'm not a fan of evil HR departments.

Edited by TheMaulClaw

5 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

This rule applies to external candidates. Not mad at the owner for knowing who he wants. I'm upset that they made it seem like Wilks was in contention the whole time but he wasn't even the second choice.  

Sorry I'm not a fan of evil HR departments.

Why the fug does any of that matter to you?  So fuging bizarre and such a weird hill to die on.  If wilks was such a good candidate why were we his only interview?

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

What are you doing?  Why do you take what I say and make it something extreme?  Did I say all owners were villains?

I dont think our owner is a villain, but I don't think he is a good guy either. Ask Rock Hill. Ask people who bought property in Eastland Mall area. Ask Steve Wilks.

Saying that owners communicate through back channels is nothing conspiratorial. It's widely known.

Your words...

Owners and GMs are naturally conspiratorial. 

If the address it then great. If they dodge it...then fug em.

You want them to "address" a theory that's bullsh-t, and if they don't, then "Ha, it must be true!"

That's ridiculous.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

then whats your point?

The point is, is that Tepper said he would give Wilks consideration if he did an incredible job. Wilks did an incredible job. The Panthers did everything they could to make it seem like was truly considered when he wasn't.  Then they leak that he is a finalist but never was.

I will always be a fan of the Panthers, but for the one game we go up against a Wilks defense (hopefully) I'll root for him to kick our ass.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Your words...

Owners and GMs are naturally conspiratorial. 

If the address it then great. If they dodge it...then fug em.

You want them to "address" a theory that's bullsh-t, and if they don't, then "Ha, it must be true!"

That's ridiculous.

Where does it say they are villains?  They know this story is out there.

You are saying if they don't acknowledge something that is bothering a lot of people that it's somehow more evidence they are being truthful.  I digress.

Just now, TheMaulClaw said:

The point is, is that Tepper said he would give Wilks consideration if he did an incredible job. Wilks did an incredible job. The Panthers did everything they could to make it seem like was truly considered when he wasn't.  Then they leak that he is a finalist but never was.

I will always be a fan of the Panthers, but for the one game we go up against a Wilks defense (hopefully) I'll root for him to kick our ass.

and?  Thats why you have been on here for damn near 3 days crying like a baby?  fuging Christ man grow up.  Life isnt fair and you are dealing with a fuging billionaire, you think they live on sesame street or something.

Wilks didnt do an "incredible" job and his true colors shown through in clutch times.  He got 2 interviews from us and nothing from other teams.  Thats telling.  Whether you want to admit or not its telling that no other teams gave a poo about his 6-6 performance.

• Pie 2

In my honest opinion, Wilks was out when he lost to Tampa. Hear me out:

The whole thing with Wilks was that the team was playing for him and the community was behind him. And then, as a defensive minded coach, he loses because of three huge DEFENSIVE breakdowns. To a team that was lucky to score. The Bucs were not a good team and a playoff spot was on the line, and we lost to an inferior team. Again, with a defensive choke. That’s just how I see it. 

• Pie 1