• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The NFL is Rigged

Diehardpanth02

Just now, CRA said:

story lines.  eyeballs.    more for the machine to work with if it is KC over the Bengals. 

What story line? Why didn’t they take out the Bengals last year when they were a plucky underdog? Wouldn’t Mahomes against Rams been more attractive then?  The machine? Eyeballs? LOL

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

Fight me. This is an entertainment program. This isn't competitive sports. To many stories line up to increase the talking points (the Kelce brothers), Mahomes on a Brady chase, the refs making questionable calls in favor of only one direction. You name it, no way so many coincidence. It all just seems odd to me.

I could be wrong. But in a sports betting world, how does the house know where to bet. It's only when they know the odds, or control the deck.

All just seems to scripted to me. I literally could've guessed the outcome of this game after the first quarter.

I usually dismiss crap like this, but my god was that game officiated so blatantly horrible.  At this point, I wouldn't doubt it.

20 minutes ago, Toomers said:

What story line? Why didn’t they take out the Bengals last year when they were a plucky underdog? Wouldn’t Mahomes against Rams been more attractive then?  The machine? Eyeballs? LOL

Kelce brothers is a big one.  2 highly entertaining people.  That why you seem them doing their podcast and all that. Andy/Philly is a big one. 

The Bengals was a fine story line last year.   Put Burrow on the map.  Which the league does want. The underdog story lead by the "cool kid".  But they just milked that last year.  They just did it.   It's not the same story anymore.  It doesn't have as much juice putting Burrow/Bengals right back.  Burrow to some degree is manufactured anyway in terms of his coolness.  

Super Bowl isn't just about the game.  It's about milking the storyline and making money off it all along the way.  yeah, I think they get more eyeballs in interest switching it up to KC this year. 

Not rigged.  Influenced.   See that over and over and over again in the sport.  Sports have always been influenced.  Fairness rarely exists in the world. 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Kelce brothers is a big one.  2 highly entertaining people.  That why you seem them doing their podcast and all that. Andy/Philly is a big one. 

The Bengals was a fine story line last year.   Put Burrow on the map.  Which the league does want. The underdog story lead by the "cool kid".  But they just milked that last year.  They just did it.   It's not the same story anymore.  It doesn't have as much juice putting Burrow/Bengals right back.  Burrow to some degree is manufactured anyway in terms of his coolness.  

Super Bowl isn't just about the game.  It's about milking the storyline and making money off it all along the way.  yeah, I think they get more eyeballs in interest switching it up to KC this year. 

No one who wasn’t already going to watch the SB cares about Reid/Eagles or a brother’s podcast. That’s weak at best. 

What extra money is created by KC being there this year as opposed to last year? Where is this magic influx of new fans that are created from this scenario? 

26 minutes ago, Toomers said:

No one who wasn’t already going to watch the SB cares about Reid/Eagles or a brother’s podcast. That’s weak at best. 

What extra money is created by KC being there this year as opposed to last year? Where is this magic influx of new fans that are created from this scenario? 

SB is all about the casual fan.   Not the hardcore fan.  Storylines matter. 

Clicks, views, eyeballs.  That's money in today's world.  Not just the game.  The entire lead up too. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

SB is all about the casual fan.   Not the hardcore fan.  Storylines matter. 

Clicks, views, eyeballs.  That's money in today's world. 

What casual fan even knows Reid’s background? Or even who Jason Kelee is? Why would they care? Casual fans watch for commercials and halftime. Not which teams are there.  But it makes sense to rig a game, only in a certain year, for people who don’t care anyhow. OK…

It is pointless arguing against someone who thinks the NFL is rigged and somehow hundreds of people (thousands of people if we're talking all of NFL history) that would have to be involved to make it happen are all compliant.

Because how can you argue against them?  Their argument literally isn't grounded in reality or dependent on facts. They can literally point to anything and say whatever, because again, reality and facts don't mean anything to them.  Whereas a person arguing that the NFL isn't rigged is limited by reality and facts.  It is an argument that you can't win.

Edited by Mage

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

What casual fan even knows Reid’s background? Or even who Jason Kelee is? Why would they care? Casual fans watch for commercials and halftime. Not which teams are there.  But it makes sense to rig a game, only in a certain year, for people who don’t care anyhow. OK…

No one watches for commercials anymore, they are on the internet a week before on youtube.  The NFL will make sure people know about the storylines leading up to it.  The advertisers pay to reach target demographics so it's not always "most popular team" it is what they can get charged for.  I think even if ratings drop during the game they pay less.  

Just now, Mage said:

It is pointless arguing against someone who thinks the NFL is rigged and somehow hundreds of people (thousands of people if we're talking all of NFL history) that would have to be involved to make it happen are all compliant.

Because how can you argue against them?  Their argument literally isn't grounded in reality or dependent on facts. 

It would literally take one call from Goodell to a head ref to influence a game.  A conversation between TWO people.  The owners love Goodell cause he makes them money.  I don't think influencing games always works out either but I think they have been decent at it.  In a game of momentum a head ref can easily influence things.  

• Beer 1