• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best QB? Stroud or Young

Shocker

Stroud or Young  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Lets stop messing around who is the best QB and why

• CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Pick this if you can’t read

12 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Team Levis. I will eat crow if I’m wrong a couple years from now. However, I think Levis will be one of the top QBs from this draft. 

note: I will retract these thoughts if Levis flops his combine. So leave me that reservation.

I think Levis will dominate the combine for what it’s worth.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I hear you.  He is like historically small.  This can’t be denied.  I wonder what Doug Flutie would have done in the league but he isn’t as small.  If we draft Young I think we have the best QB in the NFC next season.  And no…he doesn’t sit.  He starts.

I know a guy who is out of Arizona who works draft stuff and has stood beside both he and Kyler.  And he said Bryce is taller than Kyler by at least half a inch.

Bryce comes in, and he’s is the best QB in the NFC South by a country mile.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Oh he and Richardson are going cause Twitter and everything to melt at the Combine and their Proday.

we saw what Zach Wilson and Fields started. Then Willis and last years prospects take that blue print.  Now we get Levis and Richardson who are just on another level physically then the guys last year.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He will and he will seriously impress the interviews.  Forget his tape last season and he is clearly going #1.  I really hope that Indy moves up for him.  I don’t see Houston targeting him,  he is similar to Davis Mills.

Edited by Shocker

20 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Team Levis. I will eat crow if I’m wrong a couple years from now. However, I think Levis will be one of the top QBs from this draft. 

note: I will retract these thoughts if Levis flops his combine. So leave me that reservation.

Yeah Levis should have been the third option. I think he's going to be solid in the right program.

Levis comp is Steve McNair.

• Pie 2

Man…I have seriously high bust vibes from Levis.  Just because he might be available and has great skills…I can’t see a franchise QB with him.  High reservations with him.

Not seeing him mentally handling this league right now.  

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Man…I have seriously high bust vibes from Levis.  Just because he might be available and has great skills…I can’t see a franchise QB with him.  High reservations with him.

Not seeing him mentally handling this league right now.  

It’s hard to tell. He was solid the prior year, but was injured early this year and had little help from his OL and OC. Whenever I saw him play bad he was getting hit instantly because his RT was terrible and he couldn’t run as well with his injured foot/toe.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s hard to tell. He was solid the prior year, but was injured early this year and had little help from his OL and OC. Whenever I saw him play bad he was getting hit instantly because his RT was terrible and he couldn’t run as well with his injured foot/toe.

Somebody is going to take him with his physical talent and personality but he hasn’t led a team to anything special.  Just saying…he is a serious risk.  Like I have mentioned with AR if he comes out and turns the ball over he will become unplayable.  He is very meh with accuracy 

34 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Bryce

if he was the same size as Stroud.  People would be speaking about him in the same level as Andrew Luck and Trevor Lawerence level prospect 

I still say he’s the better prospect but Stroud is one heckuva consolation prize.

Some are scared by the size.  But the height to me is the most overblown thing by people and honestly a non issue.  The frame?  If he comes in at sub 190, I may be a little nervous.  But don’t see that happening.

I wouldn't say height is a complete non-issue. It's tough for the smaller QBs to not have their passes batted down by linemen at the LOS on shorter routes. Mechanics can help negate that issue some (higher release point when throwing), but being 5'11" in the pocket vs. 6'3" in the pocket makes quite the difference.

Think about how many passes Baker had deflected at the line and he has about 2 inches on Bryce.

Bryce Young with our OL this year. He can be one of the better QBs in the entire NFL.  One of those top tier elite guys.

Bryce Young with last years OL of Slappys like Cam Erving, Dennis Daley, Elfein, and John Miller starting.  It could end up badly like Tua this year.

• Pie 1

Just now, ncfan said:

Bryce Young with our OL this year. He can be one of the better QBs in the entire NFL.  One of those top tier elite guys.

Bryce Young with last years OL of Slappys like Cam Erving, Dennis Daley, Elfein, and John Miller starting.  It could end up badly like Tua this year.

With you here…if a team passes Bryce it will be a major mistake.  

1 minute ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I wouldn't say height is a complete non-issue. It's tough for the smaller QBs to not have their passes batted down by linemen at the LOS on shorter routes. Mechanics can help negate that issue some (higher release point when throwing), but being 5'11" in the pocket vs. 6'3" in the pocket makes quite the difference.

Think about how many passes Baker had deflected at the line and he has about 2 inches on Bryce.

It’s a non issue.  If you have good mechanics.

This isn’t your dads stand like a statue NFL.  Bryce has shown elite ability to move within the pocket and find passing lanes as well as rolling out.  Combined that with being able to use different arm angles.  
That’s what it’s about in todays NFL.  It’s not necessarily height.

If that were the case.  The league leaders in batted passes would be all the shortest guys.  When shockingly it’s the opposite.  The leaders in batted down passes the last 3 season in the entire NFL were all 6’5 of Taller

• Pie 1