• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Latest info on staff building

Mr. Scot

22 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Side Note: The pipeline still exists

And to be fair, he has been.

He's just not who I'd want for a DC.

He wasn't the DC, he was moved up on an interim basis. So he could've stayed on as a position coach. That's the thing with Wilks as well, people say "he wouldn't want a demotion". Well, it wouldn't be a demotion, it would be a promotion because he was the Head Coach on an interim basis. DC would've been a promotion. 

Furthmore, Wilks is a man's man. If he was seriously considered for the position, and didn't want it, he would let the organization know as much. If he wanted the job, and was offered, he sure wouldn't intervene with the new Head Coach. The man has no ego. It's a shame he's gone. 

It's a shame both of them are gone. The Panthers are a better team with Wilks on staff. 

Edited by CPcavedweller
  • Poo 2

3 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

Another possible connection with Reich:

McCown is a member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.[67] He has served in Pro Athletes Outreach and Coaches Time Out, which are both ministries.[180] He has also spent time speaking to church youth and men's groups during the offseason.[67]

Josh McCown - Wikipedia

So you have to be on the God Squad to get a coaching gig in Charlotte now?

Damn.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 6

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Mccown as a QB coach would be an incredible hire. 

I've been a fan of his since he was in Arizona. I really hoped that he could have stuck here and taken over as the starter at some point. That week 1 game in '09 against the Eagles was a heart breaker. First Jake gets taken out of the game because he was doing horrible (wasn't a good sign after that big loss to the Cardinals in the '08 playoffs) and the mccown steps in and I felt like he was going to do ok, except the eagles owned him too before he messed up his leg and went on IR. 

I always felt like he could be good. Probably will end up being a great HC at some point.

McCown sticking around and eventually taking over for Reich would be a great scenario.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

@Mr. Scot   You know Im alll about who the strength coach will be, I overlooked another super important role- head trainer. Do you have any insight to how a list of them would be?

IMO the ranking of the top 3 spots that are still needed

1.- Strength Coach and staff

2. OC

3. Head Trainer

Haven't heard anything outside of the Denver guy leaving which may or may not have to do with us.

General consensus is everything or nearly everything should be settled by next week.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Haven't heard anything outside of the Denver guy leaving which may or may not have to do with us.

I doubt panthers/frank/finesserererer keep the rhule guy.... {looks it up} kevin king.. Form what I memeber the guy was lots of self-taugt and didnt have a long career.....rhule sorta bummed into him and offered him a trainer job....it was a weird deal and i had huge doubts (just like any of the baylor/temple bros)....