• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How will this coaching team effect free-agency?

rayzor

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

If I could move I would move to a state that doesn't have income taxes. Yes, they make it up in other ways, but depending on your income level it does matter.  For poor folks like me it's debatable whether it will make a difference but its worth looking into if you are considering retirement, like me.

I have been around enough people of all ages across the entire country to know that income tax rate is pretty low on almost everyone's list of reasons to move to a state. 

It matters to some but to make it out like free agents are going to avoid us as a franchise is laughably stupid. Especially considering how low NC's state income tax is anyway. 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I have been around enough people of all ages across the entire country to know that income tax rate is pretty low on almost everyone's list of reasons to move to a state. 

It matters to some but to make it out like free agents are going to avoid us as a franchise is laughably stupid. Especially considering how low NC's state income tax is anyway. 

Not saying it impacts nfl players. Just pointing out that not everyone looks at it that way.

I'd offer Carr  4 yrs at 130 m.  40m signing bonus up front with 65 guaranteed.  In year 3, we can save 10m with a dead cap hit of 20m.  Year 4 we can save 25m with a dead cap of 10m.

This gives us a chance to develop Corral and Eason and continue to look for a younger option.  We keep all draft capital to build around Carr.  With a good defense, the core of which we already have, plus competent QB play, we can compete for championships over the next 4 years.

Regardless of who they get at QB, I'll be on board. The competency level of this staff puts us in uncharted waters for this franchise.

Year Salary Bonus Cap Hit Dead if Cut
2023 0 10 10 -
2024 25 10 35 55
2025 30 10 40 20
2026 35 10 45 10