• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go for Carr hard and save #9 pick?

Jmac

3 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Do you even understand how off seasons work? Do you realize the volume of NFL teams that have QBs under contract and the turnover of such?

if I pointed out 16 teams you would be like “well that’s only half the league show me the other half”.

You’re thought process is like late 2000s Al Davis with dementia. 

So Mahomes one the SB this year, before that was Stafford a FA, Brady a FA (who was also a 6th round pick). 

And again I’m waiting on your philosophy to be explained.. Since I’m Al Davis what are you?? The hope and wish guy ??  I know you might be absent but we’ve done the FA retread thing 3 years in a row.. We went after Stanford, Wilson, and Watson.. We have done the Diamond in the ruff thing with Allen.. What is your plan exactly since I’ve stated mine ??

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

No I didn’t I’m playing the with the same Goal post you are.. You’re the one trying to change the game..

Top 10 QB picks on original draft team was the metric I was using.  Somehow 3rd-7th in a draft year came up.  Obviously the percentages goes down, but what position doesn't? I found a year-2014 that had three guys start successfully for their teams later in the draft.  Was it 3rd-7th? No, but who cares--dumb and arbitrary parameters you set forth to somehow make your point.  Higher draft picks tend to do better, you don't say?

Anyway, I do the digging and you ask rhetorical questions.  Do your own research, for one, and two, you will see the folly of moving up at all costs for QBs.  Strategically moving up is fine, but not at all cost because of irrationally impatient fans.  I've stated today that I'd be willing to go up to #5 if one of the two is still there.  Moving to #3 or #1 is--I'll plainly say it--STUPID.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

And again I’m waiting on your philosophy to be explained.. Since I’m Al Davis what are you?? The hope and wish guy ??  I know you might be absent but we’ve done the FA retread thing 3 years in a row.. We went after Stanford, Wilson, and Watson.. We have done the Diamond in the ruff thing with Allen.. What is your plan exactly since I’ve stated mine ??

In this situation you go after Carr. He has had a very similar career to Stafford. Our coaching staff is so high powered it will be picked apart the next 2 years by teams poaching for their staffs. So you have to take your shot while the OL and defense is solid. Take BPA in the draft and take your shot like the Rams/Bucs did. 

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Top 10 QB picks on original draft team was the metric I was using.  Somehow 3rd-7th in a draft year came up.  Obviously the percentages goes down, but what position doesn't? I found a year-2014 that had three guys start successfully for their teams later in the draft.  Was it 3rd-7th? No, but who cares--dumb and arbitrary parameters you set forth to somehow make your point.  Higher draft picks tend to do better, you don't say?

Anyway, I do the digging and you ask rhetorical questions.  Do your own research, for one, and two, you will see the folly of moving up at all costs for QBs.  Strategically moving up is fine, but not at all cost because of irrationally impatient fans.  I've stated today that I'd be willing to go up to #5 if one of the two is still there.  Moving to #3 or #1 is--I'll plainly say it--STUPID.

I’ve already done the research and “You’re the one who brought the 1/4 QB stat not me”.. The research already has spoken that the hit rate on getting a Qb in the 1st round especially too 10 is better then getting a QB any other way..

Just now, Cdparr7 said:

In this situation you go after Carr. He has had a very similar career to Stafford. Our coaching staff is so high powered it will be picked apart the next 2 years by teams poaching for their staffs. So you have to take your shot while the OL and defense is solid. Take BPA in the draft and take your shot like the Rams/Bucs did. 

Okay then you’re Matt Rhule.. Cool.. Sorry agree to disagree..

7 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Or Bruce Arians or Sean McVay. 

Cool 1 is a won year wonder with the goat and the other is thinking about retiring at age 37.. 

Reality check .. We aren’t the Rams nor The Bucs and Carr isn’t Close to Brady,”..

Edited by WOW!!

11 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I’ve already done the research and “You’re the one who brought the 1/4 QB stat not me”.. The research already has spoken that the hit rate on getting a Qb in the 1st round especially too 10 is better then getting a QB any other way..

image.thumb.png.d7dd0775f7a1791020b6eaa5d31bc68a.png

Good thing we don't want a first round RB!

I think people get too caught up with Super Bowl wins. It takes a talented team, coach, QB, and some luck to win one. The best chance at winning one is the build a constant contender. A team always in the playoff race. You need a good coach and a franchise QB to do this. We need to build a consistent playoff team then worry about a final piece to make a Super Bowl push. Bengals Burrow, Chiefs Mahomes, and Allen Bills are going to be constant AFC threats. All have talented QBs (2 were traded up to draft), with smart coaches that have built solid teams around these young QBs. That’s the blueprint we should follow IMO.

There is also a clear shortage on franchise QBs in the league. This means QBs that could have been 2nd round picks in the past will likely get drafted higher (in the 1st). It’s the most valuable position in sports. If our now very experienced staff falls in love with one then Fitt should have no problem making a trade up happen to acquire that QB.

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

What’s the bust rate on QBs in the 2nd, 3rd and so on and so on.……..

Dont worry I already know and so do you..

13 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Or Bruce Arians or Sean McVay. 

The Brady thing happening is extremely rare if not once in a generation. The GOAT QB becomes a FA and decides where he wants to play while still playing at an elite level. I’m not interested in trying to replicate that.

McVay built his team on trading picks for vets and paying for big time free agents. It’s a solid strategy but very short term. It’s one of the reasons he is flirting with going into broadcasting. He knows his cap is about to be screwed while his team ages out. 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think people get too caught up with Super Bowl wins. It takes a talented team, coach, QB, and some luck to win one. The best chance at winning one is the build a constant contender. A team always in the playoff race. You need a good coach and a franchise QB to do this. We need to build a consistent playoff team then worry about a final piece to make a Super Bowl push. Bengals Burrow, Chiefs Mahomes, and Allen Bills are going to be constant AFC threats. All have talented QBs (2 were traded up to draft), with smart coaches that have built solid teams around these young QBs. That’s the blueprint we should follow IMO.

There is also a clear shortage on franchise QBs in the league. This means QBs that could have been 2nd round picks in the past will likely get drafted higher (in the 1st). It’s the most valuable position in sports. If our now very experienced staff falls in love with one then Fitt should have no problem making a trade up happen to acquire that QB.

Ppl neglect to see That.. The teams that get it right and draft and develop their QB are usually always have a chance.. The teams that play this QB musical chairs are constantly disjointed and hoping for luck..

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The Brady thing happening is extremely rare if not once in a generation. The GOAT QB becomes a FA and decides where he wants to play while still playing at an elite level. I’m not interested in trying to replicate that.

McVay built his team on trading picks for vets and paying for big time free agents. It’s a solid strategy but very short term. It’s one of the reasons he is flirting with going into broadcasting. He knows his cap is about to be screwed while his team ages out. 

Thank you god… For somebody recognizing how rare the Bucs and Rams situations are..

ppl in here want to play the bust rate on 1st round QBs but don’t want to do the math on how rare it is for The Bucs and Rams situation was in being successful..

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

What’s the bust rate on QBs in the 2nd, 3rd and so on and so on.……..

Dont worry I already know and so do you..

Pretty high and again, I...don't...care.  FYI, busts generally only apply to first rounders...little technicality there. I want to sit out this draft--entirely--at QB, but would be okay with a slight move up for one of the top two.   You are saying the first rounders are better than 3rd rounders, up is not down and cats don't like dogs or some silly thing like that.