• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1 year….

j2sgam

..couldn’t find when I did the original thread from a few years back ‘2days..’ 

anyway, this week is 52 weeks since my last cigarette…  shh, it’s easy now…. Didn’t vape or patch or gum, just quit after multiple attempts & 35 or so years of weakness.. 

mat this point, I only need to say ‘no’ to 1 cigarette, the first… 

ain’t nothing worse than an ex-smoker, but as someone who’s since joined that group I say “come on, you’re a lot better over here…”

Thanks for listening……

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

8 hours ago, j2sgam said:

..couldn’t find when I did the original thread from a few years back ‘2days..’ 

anyway, this week is 52 weeks since my last cigarette…  shh, it’s easy now…. Didn’t vape or patch or gum, just quit after multiple attempts & 35 or so years of weakness.. 

mat this point, I only need to say ‘no’ to 1 cigarette, the first… 

ain’t nothing worse than an ex-smoker, but as someone who’s since joined that group I say “come on, you’re a lot better over here…”

Thanks for listening……

You will always crave a cigarette.  Even 20 years after quitting I still want one sometimes.

• Beer 1

Next year will be 20 years for me and yeah @Lame Duck is right.  There are moments when I want one but they are fleeting and few & far between.

Ive said to my wife any number of times - If I realistically though Id loose weight and go back to being the skinny fug I was in my 20s Id start up again

edit:

Oh and FML they are expensive now.  when I started they were like a buck twenty a pack.  Now they are like $7.00

Edited by Cullenator
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

Next year will be 20 years for me and yeah @Lame Duck is right.  There are moments when I want one but they are fleeting and few & far between.

Ive said to my wife any number of times - If I realistically though Id loose weight and go back to being the skinny fug I was in my 20s Id start up again

edit:

Oh and FML they are expensive now.  when I started they were like a buck twenty a pack.  Now they are like $7.00

Oh yea, I used to buy Marlboro for like $2 a pack!  The prices are nuts.  If I really want to have a smoke, I usually have some CBD.  Cold Turkey is the best way to quit in my opinion.

Edited by Lame Duck

8 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Been 15 years for me after only smoking for 12. Sometimes I still feel like I could smoke one as long as a golf club. Not nearly as bad as that first year though. 

It was first 5 for me!  My wife pissed me off so bad once 12 years ago… I went a bought a pack and smoked one cigarette but toss the rest of the pack out.  That one cigarette was like Bruce Willis flashback from Armageddon movie after first hit.

Edited by Lame Duck

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Never much of a smoker, but dipping?  That was it for me.

Didn't need to take a break at work, could dip and read or watch TV quietly before bed, etc...

GF, now wife hated it, and I needed to quit.  Just stopped cold turkey about 16 years ago....VERY hard.

Congrats.

So I met my wife and she had no idea I was a smoker… I did not smoke in my car or around her.  While being on like 5th date she told me how her dad smokes and she hates it and would never ever date a smoker.  I went “oh poo” and legit quit that exact day.  She still have no idea I was a smoker. 😐

• Pie 1

I had my last in 2011 after 37 years. Did it stoned cold and it was a tough go in the tobacco country of Southwest Virginia, at the time.

While I'll admit I've had 2, maybe 3 smokes since then, I never went back. Yeah, I've added some poundage, but my wife, who is allergic to cigarette smoke, said she'll take that over smoking.

The best part is this- my annual physicals and a few additional tests and chest x-rays over the years, as of right now there is no physical indication that I've ever smoked.

• Pie 1