• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Staff: Final Pieces (as of 2-23-23)

Mr. Scot

On 2/18/2023 at 10:58 AM, MtnJax said:

An argument could be made that right now, the Panthers are winning the off-season with the staff hires so far. At least getting a good start going into FA and draft

Has there ever been a time where you could honestly say that about this org?

Not sure, but I remember being very excited about Ron Rivera and the staff he assembled. We all knew Rivera would be a players coach and the defense would be good under him and McDermott. Chud was a very intriguing OC hire at the time and Shula as QBs coach as well. I remember being super excited to see the Coryell on offense and what blitz packages McDermott would cook up on D.

That first year with Cam setting all those rookie records and getting Olsen and Shockey along with still having legends like Steve Smith, Ryan Kalil, Jordan Gross, double trouble, big money, Thomas Davis, etc. So much optimism and excitement. It felt like we were not only moving away from Foxball into the modern offensive era of football, but possibly even defining a new modern era of football. 

• Pie 5

Corbett...

One of the things he says in the article is that, like Bradley Bozeman, James Campen was one of the reasons he came here.

This coming year, you could potentially hear that sort of thing from players at several positions.

A reminder that coaching matters...in a lot of ways.

• Pie 6

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Corbett...

One of the things he says in the article is that, like Bradley Bozeman, James Campen was one of the reasons he came here.

This coming year, you could potentially hear that sort of thing from players at several positions.

A reminder that coaching matters...in a lot of ways.

i've seen several say that they didn't think players would care much about the coaches, but i think there a re a lot of really good players who, when they become FAs are going to look not just at the money, but at the situation and if they see this as a place that they can grow as a player and a place with the best and most respected coaches, they are going to be calling their agents and telling them "just make it work. get me to carolina".

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i've seen several say that they didn't think players would care much about the coaches, but i think there a re a lot of really good players who, when they become FAs are going to look not just at the money, but at the situation and if they see this as a place that they can grow as a player and a place with the best and most respected coaches, they are going to be calling their agents and telling them "just make it work. get me to carolina".

The smart ones do...

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nothing officially announced yet so... 😕

The only name I know of from the 3-4 to interview is Klayton Adams who was hired by AZ yesterday. They wanted Heiden but didn’t pan out. There was discussion after hiring Brown about having a TE coach at all. 

Brian Bratton and Tyler Boyles have been in contact as well about positions on the staff but none have been offered anything (yet) that I’m aware of. 

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

The only name I know of from the 3-4 to interview is Klayton Adams who was hired by AZ yesterday. They wanted Heiden but didn’t pan out. There was discussion after hiring Brown about having a TE coach at all. 

Brian Bratton and Tyler Boyles have been in contact as well about positions on the staff but none have been offered anything (yet) that I’m aware of. 

Anything on Jeff Nixon or Kevin Patullo?