• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First Canes game… any advise?

Lame Duck

8 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

I got pretty good tickets for Canes vs. Maples on 3/25 right behind Canes bench.  I have never been to canes game before and I’ll be driving from Charlotte.  Any advise on what to do and parking?

You can pay $25 for parking through park whiz or pay $30 at the gate. Since it’s your first game, I wouldn’t recommend parking at the fairgrounds. Get there early, check out the eye and watch warmups. Have fun. That should be a great atmosphere. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Take it all in. Get there early enough to walk around and see the arena a bit. Try to take some of the intermission entertainment in if your bladder/cravings will let you. It's usually pretty fun stuff.

I’m taking my 9 year old (his bday present).  I might have 1-2 beers tops and that’s it.  I plan on driving to Charlotte after the game.

• Pie 1

Yell RED during the anthem.  Prepare to hear Scorpions several times.  I've always parked at Raleigh Neuro and walked down.  It's free, but they do have no parking signs.  I've never had problems, and others park there as well but ymmv, obviously.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

You can pay $25 for parking through park whiz or pay $30 at the gate. Since it’s your first game, I wouldn’t recommend parking at the fairgrounds. Get there early, check out the eye and watch warmups. Have fun. That should be a great atmosphere. 

Park on the backside. For sure. There is always parking. 

7 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

I got pretty good tickets for Canes vs. Maples on 3/25 right behind Canes bench.  I have never been to canes game before and I’ll be driving from Charlotte.  Any advise on what to do and parking?

Since you are bringing your kid definitely stop by the broadcast booth, if it’s not ticketed. Spot #20 and #74. Tell your kid to keep an eye on them. 

• Pie 1