• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking: Lamar Jackson is available as Raven's have placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on him.

thunderraiden

Just now, bythenbrs said:

No one put a gun to his head.  Don't like it, go to the CFL or get a real 9 to 5 job like every other person.

You sign the contract, you perform to the terms of the contract, just like everyone else.  

I think he'll be fine with over a hundred million from his body of work and the fact there aren't even 20 good NFL caliber quarterbacks in the world.

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

He's always had the choice to play professional football. Part of choosing a career is knowing the freedoms and limitations of that choice. He could chose to play within the confines of a NFL contract or try and negotiate a better one. It's always been his choice. 

Absolutely, which is probably why he decided to be cautious with his health, knowing his first real contract was coming up.

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

He's always had the choice to play professional football. Part of choosing a career is knowing the freedoms and limitations of that choice. He could chose to play within the confines of a NFL contract or try and negotiate a better one. It's always been his choice. 

I'm tapping out.  Carry on the good fight.  You're a more patient man than I.

• Beer 1

Just now, Krovvy said:

Absolutely, which is probably why he decided to be cautious with his health, knowing his first real contract was coming up.

But if he had hired an agent, would he be going after that contract now, or would it have already been in place? With an MVP season under his belt, I don't think an agent lets him walk into year 4 without a shiny new extension in place. His first real contract wasn't coming up, it's already 2 years past. 

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

But if he had hired an agent, would he be going after that contract now, or would it have already been in place? With an MVP season under his belt, I don't think an agent lets him walk into year 4 without a shiny new extension in place. His first real contract wasn't coming up, it's already 2 years past. 

He should have definitely hired an agent.

9 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Rhule wanted T2G, Darnold and Mayfield. PJ was here because of his connection to him. 

I don't care about being called losers for not going after Lamar yet if at ever. It's funny the media isn't calling him out on never hiring an agent and helping put himself in the position he's in. But then again, that doesn't make for a good victim story that gets lots of clicks. 

We have been losers though.

It's not like they are lying. Tepper can't get the QB position right. We actually had talent over the years. QB play has been holding us back for years now.

13 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

It's funny the media isn't calling him out on never hiring an agent and helping put himself in the position he's in. But then again, that doesn't make for a good victim story that gets lots of clicks. 

They are.

Don't judge the media by what our young friend says. He has no idea.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

We'll see just how desperate Tepper is soon enough 😉

Not so sure of that either. Hopefully not since desperate men do stupid things.

So far this offseason though, Tepper's been smart enough to trust his football people when it comes to the decision making.

I'd expect that to continue.

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

We'll see just how desperate Tepper is soon enough 😉

There's a scenario where Lamar Jackson doesn't sign until after the draft. Imagine if the Panthers come out of the draft being the odd one out, missing on the top four quarterbacks. I would assume that Lamar Jackson becomes plan A, B, C, and D at that point.

It's not like the Panthers didn't go down this road before last year with Watson, and that was a much more riskier free agent to pursue.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We have been losers though.

It's not like they are lying. Tepper can't get the QB position right. We actually had talent over the years. QB play has been holding us back for years now.

QB play holds most teams back. We were losers with Cam. 3 winning seasons in 9 years. Coaches and Hurney held this team back for a lot longer than Tepper has been owner. He put his faith in the wrong guy with Rhule. Hurney is the perfect example of how not to build a team around your franchise QB. Hopefully he has learned and the braintrust in our coach's room and FO can put together getting us a franchise QB and still be able to build around him.