• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cards want to move #3 pick and more??

B_Eazi

Person mentions #3 as a likely target...

The Panthers are considering all options, but they know they would have to switch places with Arizona at 3 to ensure they get one of the top three QBs on their board. While the Panthers are impressed with Anthony Richardson’s raw talent, my sense is they view him as too big of a gamble to trade up for. Then — assuming they don’t pursue another free agent such as Jimmy Garoppolo — it becomes a matter of which QB they like best among Bryce Young, C.J. Stroud and Will Levis. 

The Athletic 

2 minutes ago, travisura said:

QBs have gone 1,2,3 in 1971, 1999, and 2021. 2021 was Lawrence, Wilson, Lance 1,2,3.

Source: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-nfl-draft-becomes-third-where-qbs-went-1-2-3-heres-a-look-at-the-other-two-and-how-each-qb-fared/

So two years ago the Niners traded up to 3 for the third option.  Hopefully it won't cost THAT to do it this year....

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So two years ago the Niners traded up to 3 for the third option.  Hopefully it won't cost THAT to do it this year....

They moved from 12th to 3rd for 3 firsts (counting their pick at 12) and a 3rd. That seems to be on par with what it would likely cost for us to move from 9 to 1. 

2 hours ago, travisura said:

QBs have gone 1,2,3 in 1971, 1999, and 2021. 2021 was Lawrence, Wilson, Lance 1,2,3.

Source: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-nfl-draft-becomes-third-where-qbs-went-1-2-3-heres-a-look-at-the-other-two-and-how-each-qb-fared/

Ouch, the guy that has gone 3rd hasn’t worked out much

Edited by Shocker

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

On that same front...

I hope the Bears pick in the top 2.  Trade down with Houston is fine.  So, 2 QBs could go but not sold they go 1-3

With Allen having legal troubles they may pick Will Anderson at 1 now.  Waiting to trade up on draft day should benefit us

Edited by Shocker

3 minutes ago, travisura said:

I'd argue Wilson has suffered a worse NFL career so far. He's trending towards being out of the league by the time his rookie contract is up.

I meant overall with the history of this occurrence.  I wouldn’t bet on Wilson or Lance atp