• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who among us actually believes we'll draft Levis

top dawg

With the 1st pick...Will Levis!  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Will we draft Levis over Stroud or Young?

6 minutes ago, Mike2.0 said:

I think we will draft Stroud or Young with the pick, but if we are swinging for the fences with a raw high upside pick, then I could see us drafting Richardson in the hopes he’s Cam Newton 2.0. 

Word is the team thought #9 was too high for Richardson.

Given that, it's kinda hard to picture them taking him at #1.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

All the reports @Mr. scot is talking about happened before the trade… JMO 

Those were talking points for a team either staying at 9 or only looking to trade up to 5 or 3.. 

When they traded up to 1 Fitt saying (if you have conviction on a player you do what you have to get them).. They have conviction to make this move and it’s only on 2 players.. JMO

3 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

All the reports @Mr. scot is talking about happened before the trade… JMO 

Those were talking points for a team either staying at 9 or only looking to trade up to 5 or 3.. 

When they traded up to 1 Fitt saying (if you have conviction on a player you do what you have to get them).. They have conviction to make this move and it’s only on 2 players.. JMO

Reports now are that they'll take their time and look at all their options, Levis included.

And that's reasonable.

I know Dawg said "smokescreen" but why waste time on misinformation when you have the #1 pick? Not like anybody can jump you.

Bottom Line for me? I have my preferences but ultimately I trust this staff and I'll be good with whoever they take.

(yes, even if it's Levis)

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Reports now are that they'll take their time and look at all their options, Levis included.

And that's reasonable.

I know Dawg said "smokescreen" but why waste time on misinformation when you have the #1 pick? Not like anybody can jump you.

Bottom Line for me? I have my preferences but ultimately I trust this staff and I'll be good with whoever they take.

(yes, even if it's Levis)

That’s okay but again just my opinion you didn’t make this big of a move with mystery and still needing to learn something.. You made this move because you saw a player you have “conviction” about and you have a good idea that players isn’t coming to you unless you have 1.. 

JMO Levi’s BS at this point is smokescreen… Young and stroud are day 1 starters and really good prospects worth making this move for.. Levi’s and Richardson are projects you don’t give up DJ Moore and draft Capital for.. And they know this..

7 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

That’s okay but again just my opinion you didn’t make this big of a move with mystery and still needing to learn something.. You made this move because you saw a player you have “conviction” about and you have a good idea that players isn’t coming to you unless you have 1.. 

JMO Levi’s BS at this point is smokescreen… Young and stroud are day 1 starters and really good prospects worth making this move for.. Levi’s and Richardson are projects you don’t give up DJ Moore and draft Capital for.. And they know this..

It's definitely possible to have that conviction for more than one guy, and indications are they do. That's why it was reported that they'd also have been comfortable trading to #2 overall.

Also have to factor in that us seeing a particular guy as a project doesn't mean the staff does. On that front, I'll defer to the pros.

And again, why bother with smokescreens when you're picking #1? That's a waste of everybody's time.

Edited by Mr. Scot

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

U touch on this in a post u made right after this but I think it’s because we might equally like Stroud and Young for separate reasons. Obviously the Texans were never entertaining moving down to 9. So now the smokescreen is to make them feel desperate to flip flop with us.

Bears were never going to trade with Houston unless they had something lined up with another team looking to then take the 2nd pick from them. It would have been too risky. They wanted a big haul. I think we recognized that and are now trying to get a small amount back (i.e a 2nd rounder).

1 minute ago, Reebis21 said:

U touch on this in a post u made right after this but I think it’s because we might equally like Stroud and Young for separate reasons. Obviously the Texans were never entertaining moving down to 9. So now the smokescreen is to make them feel desperate to flip flop with us.

Bears were never going to trade with Houston unless they had something lined up with another team looking to then take the 2nd pick from them. It would have been too risky. They wanted a big haul. I think we recognized that and are now trying to get a small amount back (i.e a 2nd rounder).

I can agree in part.

Posted elsewhere about scenarios for trading down to #2 and getting the #12 or #34 from Houston (34 obviously being more realistic).

Genuine possibility if you like more than one guy.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I can agree in part.

Posted elsewhere about scenarios for trading down to #2 and getting the #12 or #34 from Houston (34 obviously being more realistic).

Genuine possibility if you like more than one guy.

If I’m a Texan fan and my GM gave up the #12, I’d be calling for his head. Even if it was like #1,39,93 for #2,12. Hell, I’d be mad if my team gave up just a 2nd. Guess only time will tell. 

While the OP is calling u a parrot, I recognize u are just saying anything is still possible while unlikely we’d take Levis. If u had to bet right now tho, who u do u think we’d pick?

4 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

If I’m a Texan fan and my GM gave up the #12, I’d be calling for his head. Even if it was like #1,39,93 for #2,12. Hell, I’d be mad if my team gave up just a 2nd. Guess only time will tell. 

While the OP is calling u a parrot, I recognize u are just saying anything is still possible while unlikely we’d take Levis. If u had to bet right now tho, who u do u think we’d pick?

They're not ready to string Caserio up already? 😃

Honest answer: Don't know that there's enough info to say right now. Still a lot of workouts and interviews to come between now and then.

I do feel comfortable saying Stroud is an option. Also, yes do believe Levis is a possibility too. I'd say Young is as well but it's acknowledged that there are concerns about his size. Richardson? Less likely.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They're not ready to string Caserio up already? 😃

Honest answer: Don't know that there's enough info to say right now. Still a lot of workouts and interviews to come between now and then.

I do feel comfortable saying Stroud is an option. Also, yes do believe Levis is a possibility too. I'd say Young is as well but it's acknowledged that there are concerns about his size. Richardson? Less likely.

I’m not frustrated by your answer but I think the OP is because u basically are saying Stroud, Levis or Young without picking any. To your point tho, how the hell would u know without being inside the building, which is why there’s not enough info to make a firm guess. So I feel ya. 

If u were Fitty, who u choosing?

4 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

I’m not frustrated by your answer but I think the OP is because u basically are saying Stroud, Levis or Young without picking any. To your point tho, how the hell would u know without being inside the building, which is why there’s not enough info to make a firm guess. So I feel ya. 

If u were Fitty, who u choosing?

Well, lemme put it this way: My most important QB traits are accuracy, intelligence and processing speed. What does that tell you? 😄

(FYI: I've posted this elsewhere but I'll repeat it here)

In my opinion, Bryce Young Is the absolute best quarterback in this draft. He might not be the best athlete, but he has all the quarterbacking skills I look for. Unfortunately, he also has a frame that I'm not sure can hold up under an NFL level beating.

Levis has a much better frame, but I put him more in the mold of "athlete you train to be a quarterback" than I do an established quarterback (same as Richardson). Do I believe the staff is well equipped to train him? Definitely, but I'm not a fan of that model.

That brings us to Stroud, the "ball placement machine" as he was calling himself at the Combine. No concerns about his frame either of course, but the notion that he might look better than he really is because his team was so superior too most of their opponents is a valid one. I've also seen talk that his personality might not lend to leadership at the NFL level, but I don't know how true that is.

So bottom line, if I'm making the pick I probably take Stroud. If not Stroud, Levis. You'd have to talk me into taking Young because I'm worried he won't last, but if the team decides he's the way to go I won't scream.

Luckily for me though, that's not my burden to carry 😃

• Pie 2

THATS LIKE DRAFTING DARNOLD...

....well guess what...we don't have to worry bout that now.... :Young or CJ plz come on down

Mr.Scot enjoy the Cam Era 2.0...hell even AR-15 gets pick before Levis. 

-oh, our new OC likes CJ, but our GM likes Young...lmao

Nobody talking bout Levis @1 ever....like that never cross anyone's mind

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Word is the team thought #9 was too high for Richardson.

Given that, it's kinda hard to picture them taking him at #1.

Depends if that was pre- or post-combine. The combine might have changed their thinking. It’s also possible that we have traded up so we can have our pick of the quarterbacks after we’ve done further research and due diligence.