• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

W/O the GA game do u take CJ?

Ivory Panther

11 hours ago, frankw said:

You can't just say "aside from size" and move on like it's totally inconsequential. The guy is size of Johnny Manziel. It's a huge difference in how we approach building the offense around him because he is going to touch the ball more than anyone else. If you want Young then we have to go even heavier on addressing our oline. We've seen how he looks on a stacked Bama team going against mediocre programs. Any time a defensive linemen gets near him I will hold my breath.

Why do you keep calling these Bama team stacked? I don’t get it. TRADITIONALLY, lately, obviously they’ve been great. They’re Bama. But if you actually look at what was around him… it wasn’t all that stacked. Gibbs is obviously good but let’s not pretend that Henderson won’t be a first round pick himself next year. Mediocre programs? The SEC is mediocre programs? Should we have just put bama in the NFC south or is that still too mediocre? I get it, the size blah blah. He’s taken hits in his career! “Oh they’re not from nfl players!” Great! And is he gonna just be neglected by NFL level trainers and coaches on how to bulk up and protect his body? 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, gmonjimbo said:

My concern with Stroud is whether he can elevate the play of those around him. I think he could flourish on a team like the Falcons that already have a Drake London and Kyle Pitts or Chris Olave and Michael Thomas to throw to. After Harrison JR went out against GA, their offense began to stall a bit.

I think Young has the strongest body of work and played in the toughest conference college football has to offer. Also, playing in a pro-style offense with a former NFL HC, Bill O'Brien as his OC. I'm concerned about his size. However, of all the QB prospects he plays the position (accuracy, processing speed, toughness, etc.) the best.

I'm fine with Stroud at No.1 I just haven't seen anything besides his frame that makes him the better prospect. 

Not trying to pick on you… you’re not the only one to mention it. But I don’t really understand the frame comment. Stroud weighed 214. Only 10 more lbs than Young despite being almost half a foot taller.  Just think it’s weird no one questions his frame.

Anyway I’ve thought highly of Stroud. Feel like most of his criticisms have been things like ‘he’s from OSU and OSU qbs stink’ or ‘his receivers are too good. More than being Stroud specific. So the GA game didn’t change much for me in how I viewed him.

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

Little Eric swears he isn't a Bama fan but he's sure to hurry back and poo posts. There was a time I would have been fine with either Young or Stroud but these jokers are mentally ill and doing Bryce no favors.

Dude go to bed. Youre calling random people on the internet names. You’ve lost it 

1 hour ago, Eric4280 said:

Why do you keep calling these Bama team stacked? I don’t get it. TRADITIONALLY, lately, obviously they’ve been great. They’re Bama. But if you actually look at what was around him… it wasn’t all that stacked. Gibbs is obviously good but let’s not pretend that Henderson won’t be a first round pick himself next year. Mediocre programs? The SEC is mediocre programs? Should we have just put bama in the NFC south or is that still too mediocre? I get it, the size blah blah. He’s taken hits in his career! “Oh they’re not from nfl players!” Great! And is he gonna just be neglected by NFL level trainers and coaches on how to bulk up and protect his body? 

Article from 2021, but: "Over the last 10 years, Alabama has signed the nation’s top-ranked recruiting class eight times, according to 247Sports. The other two years, Georgia landed the No. 1 class."

It doesn't get more stacked than that. 

51 minutes ago, MartyClemons said:

Not trying to pick on you… you’re not the only one to mention it. But I don’t really understand the frame comment. Stroud weighed 214. Only 10 more lbs than Young despite being almost half a foot taller.  Just think it’s weird no one questions his frame.

Anyway I’ve thought highly of Stroud. Feel like most of his criticisms have been things like ‘he’s from OSU and OSU qbs stink’ or ‘his receivers are too good. More than being Stroud specific. So the GA game didn’t change much for me in how I viewed him.

Young doesn't play at 204lbs. No NFL team is fooled by that showing at the Combine. 

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Article from 2021, but: "Over the last 10 years, Alabama has signed the nation’s top-ranked recruiting class eight times, according to 247Sports. The other two years, Georgia landed the No. 1 class."

It doesn't get more stacked than that. 

Oh good lord here we go again lol. Bro I’m not arguing that Bama hasn’t been the bees knees for the last decade. THIS bama team in 2022 wasn’t equivalent TALENT wise to previous years. He made more with less.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Little Eric swears he isn't a Bama fan but he's sure to hurry back and poo posts. There was a time I would have been fine with either Young or Stroud but these jokers are mentally ill and doing Bryce no favors.

There ya go big dog. Gave you a nice beer reaction. Will that let you sleep better tonight?

• The D 1

6 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

Oh good lord here we go again lol. Bro I’m not arguing that Bama hasn’t been the bees knees for the last decade. THIS bama team in 2022 wasn’t equivalent TALENT wise to previous years. He made more with less.

The team had some talent no doubt, but indeed a step below their norm, especially at WR. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, StealthCat said:

The team had some talent no doubt, but indeed a step below their norm, especially at WR. 

Thank you! That’s all I’m saying. I genuinely appreciate the understanding that this bama team wasn’t as good as seemingly the last decades team.

• Pie 1