• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper's Role as a Tiebreaker

SaltAndPepper

I highly doubt that there would be ties where Tepper became involved because the draft is a group decision between the GM, owner, president, and coach.

Which is fine…Each person does play a role in the decision, the GM and coach in every sport should be in close communications, so the GM can understand the coach’s and team’s needs, while the coach can understand who is available ,so that they can make moves to get them and the salary cap status and available budget, etc.

On a good team like the Panthers, as  owner, Tepper doesn’t need a say outside of the fact that it’s his money. 

I feel he a good enough owner to have delegated all of these responsibilities to a professional GM.

In the end, I think the Panther's are like most teams where the GM and coach work together with the scouting department (which is typically run by the GM) to select players that are a combination of the best available and niche filling for the team.

I think the Panthers social/marketing team have done a terrific job in filming and sharing draft day activities in recent years

Looking forward to what they do this year without the rumored handcuffs they may have been placed under in recent times

Edited by PanthersATL